Senior Cloud / Big Data Engineer
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
GRAIL's Technology organization is looking to hire an experienced, senior level Cloud Data Engineer. This role willl focus on data integration and development of a cloud-based analytics solution to help enable insight into the commercial operations. This will enable various business teams to perform troubleshooting, KPI reporting and predictive modeling / statistical process control.
• Act as a member of a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, high trust team that is building Grails data infrastructure to help support its imminent launch of commercial products.
• Help drive the design, prototype, implementation and scale of cloud data platforms to tackle the business needs of GRAIL commercial products.
• Develop stream processing pipelines to help support our rapidly scaling clinical blood testing lab.
• Develop batch processing pipelines that enable the scaling of ETL processes for the study data that backs Grail's machine learning classifier development.
• Create metadata services that enable search, discovery, and access control for Grail's data infrastructure.
Your Background Includes:
• BS/MS/PhD in quantitative scientific field (computer science, engineering, mathematics, etc.) with 3 - 5 years of experience.
• Experience with architecting and designing scalable cloud-based data warehouse and data lake services like Amazon Redshift, Athena and Glue.
• Advanced knowledge in data warehousing architecture and concepts (ETL and ELT) and data modeling.
• Experience with relational databases, query authoring and performance tuning.
• Experience with API methodologies. Experience with data pipelining and workflow engines, like Apache Airflow, Spark, Beam, etc...
• Strong programming experience in one or more languages, like Golang or Python.
• Experience with numerous aspects of DevOps, including source control, CI/CD and containerized deployment.
• Experience working with business teams on complex problems and translating them into efficient, scalable and easy to maintain data engineering solutions.
• Excellent interpersonal communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
• Excellent team player with a demonstrated track record of success in a cross-functional team environment.
• Consistent commitment to delivering on team goals with a sense of shared urgency.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
GRAIL, Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries ("GRAIL") does not accept any liability for fees for resumes from recruiters or employment agencies ("Agency"), without a binding, written recruitment agreement between GRAIL and Agency describing the services and specific job openings ("Agreement"). GRAIL may consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume and explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the Agency, unless an Agreement is in place. Any email or verbal contacts with any person within GRAIL is inadequate to create a binding agreement. Agencies without an Agreement are requested not to contact any hiring managers of GRAIL with recruiting inquiries or resumes. Agencies interested in partnering with GRAIL may contact GRAIL's HR Department through our Customer Service team .