Director, Business Development
Founded in 2000, Tris Pharma, Inc. (www.trispharma.com) is the 3rd largest specialty pharmaceutical company in the United States. With our intense focus on the application of physical chemistry in biological systems, coupled with the requirements of manufacturing and market demands, we have grown our employee base over 250% in the past three years. Specifically, we are engaged in research, development, and manufacturing of both OTC and Rx branded products and specialty generic products. Our mission is to understand the science driving the delivery of drugs into the human body; develop and bring to market products that add value to our customers and patients and provide a benefit to our company, employees and society at large. To support our expectations of continued growth Tris has an opening in Monmouth Junction, NJ for an experienced Director, Business Development.
The Director, Business Development is responsible for leading and managing company in-licensing and out-licensing initiatives, with an emphasis on US in-licensing of approved or late-stage branded products and licensing Tris’ technology to other companies. The incumbent works in conjunction with the senior management team to pro-actively search, identify, assess and champion appropriate strategic opportunities. She/he is responsible for full management of the deal process from broad outreach sourcing (i.e., networking scientific and partnering conferences, specialty and large pharmaceutical companies, investment communities, etc.) and leading/managing due diligence to successful completion.
• Responsible for leading and executing all aspects of appropriate business development initiatives with an emphasis on product in-licensing and out-licensing and technology-based partnerships including, not limited to: lead generation and sourcing, identifying and engaging with key decision makers, ensuring/conducting due diligence and successfully closing transactions
• Assess competitive landscape, form strategies on both internal and external targets and project potential peak sales for those assets accordingly, outline the strategic alternatives available to the organization, including a focus on new market opportunities, current and new lines of business and other strategic initiatives and succinctly present these findings and recommendations to senior management
• Collaborating closely with the President of the Branded Products Division as well as other members of senior management, act as a key team contributor in the development of company’s long term strategic direction; Serve as the primary initiator, driver, and closer of high value business relationships that are in line with company’s vision, strategy and long range plans
• Source company partnership opportunities from an extensive global network of contacts; Screen, analyze and identify potential collaborations, license and acquisition opportunities from a scientific, medical, commercial and strategic perspective, develop appropriate positioning, communication and strategy; Plan, analyze and evaluate projects by performing market research, analyzing new trends and market areas, and determining financial viability
• Prepare business development documents, presentations, and briefing books; Prepare, evaluate and present robust financial modeling and analyses to value projects and terms; Develop, participate and deliver high level impactful presentations and conclusions to senior management, key prospects and stakeholders; Execute and participate in deal construction and negotiations
• Responsible for engaging appropriate company staff and leadership to develop and execute product in licensing strategies; Advise Senior Leadership Team on key strategic assessments and decisions; Lead cross functional teams and collaborate with internal departments on business development initiativesRequirements
Special knowledge or skills REQUIRED
· Bachelors in business or scientific discipline AND minimum 8 years experience in business development, alliance management, and/or corporate strategy in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry in positions of increasing technical and strategic responsibility OR comparable experience working for a consulting firm, investment bank, or venture capital firm with a strong and primary focus on the pharmaceutical or biotech industries OR a combination of the above.
• Demonstrated record of success in business development in a highly success driven organization
• Hands-on experience successfully evaluating, structuring, negotiating, and closing a variety of large and complex licensing and/or partnership transactions
• Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical product lifecycle management including drug development and delivery process, FDA regulations and branded commercialization paths
• Proven success in utilizing expert networks to conduct due diligence and create commercial assessments
• Proven ability to develop and present strategic plans to Executive Leadership
· Consulting and/or Investment Banking Experience PREFERRED
Tris Pharma, Inc. offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. To build and enhance our diverse workforce, we encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, women, LGBTQ, etc. Tris Pharma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-DNI