Automation Support Specialist
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Discover the root causes of complex electromechanical problems in the laboratory
- Improve the performance of our laboratory instrumentation through careful repair and calibration
- Learn about the details of our laboratory processes to better troubleshoot and repair instrumentation
- Teach scientists and technicians about the intricacies of instrument operations so they can design and execute better experiments.
The Team You’ll Join
Recursion’s Automation and Information Management Team within the Technology organization. This team's mission is to automate the physical and data workflows within the laboratories that drive our drug discovery engine. Through automation we improve the quality, speed, and scale of our data generation systems. We are responsible for the implementation, continuous improvement, and maintenance of a fleet of automated work cells processing 96-1536 well SBS standard microplates with plate washers, fluorimeters, acoustic dispensers, automated incubators, plate sealers and pealers, etc. As a support specialist you will ensure our laboratory systems are operating in peak condition, troubleshooting complex instrumentation and working with technicians and scientists to get the most from our laboratories.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Troubleshooting and repairing complex computer-controlled electromechanical instrumentation, preferably in a laboratory environment.
- Describing instrument performance and troubleshooting observations in both verbal and written communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field with 2+ years working with computer controlled laboratory instrumentation
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs**
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.