Senior Associate of Corporate Affairs - Patient Assistance Programs
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Senior Associate, Patient Assistance Programs (PAPs)
Depending on the candidate, this role can be remote or based at Amgen's corporate campus located in Thousand Oaks, California. The Senior Associate will report to the Sr. Manager of Patient Assistance Programs within the Corporate Affairs Department.Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will support the team with activities including training management and reporting tasks, donations processing, program monitoring and audits, corrective action administration, and supplier contract management. This individual will oversee control activities, program adherence to compliance requirements, executive presentation development, and meeting planning. The Sr. Associate, PAPs will work closely with the Patient Assistance Program Team in a fast-paced matrix environment with cross functional Amgen teams partnered or aligned to support all of Amgens Global Patient Assistance Programs and its stakeholders. The chosen candidate will preserve Amgens integrity by ensuring controls related to activities of Amgens Patient Assistance Programs, specifically as it relates to the Amgen values; ensuring quality, being ethical, and being accountable for compliance activities.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Associate, Patient Assistance Programs include:Transactions, Documentation, Project Management
- Development and updates to PAP documentation, including SOPs, monitoring reporting and work instructions to support PAP compliance and program requirements
- PAP Governance meeting coordination and materials (e.g. PAP Governance Committee and ASNF Board of Directors)
- Development of presentation materials for Executive Leaders
- Draft, modify, and revise procedures, company policies, and program guidelines periodically including preparing reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies
- Responsible for processing and managing documentation to support external donations
- Independently conduct research, collect data for benchmarking and data analytics in order to support decision making
- Program Adherence, including Adverse Events Reporting, supplier data reconciliation, and program requirements monitoring
- Manage annual Amgen specific Supplier Trainings including Healthcare Compliance, Adverse Events Reporting, Amgen SOPs, and others as assigned
- Ex-US Product Donations processing; including coordination with stakeholders and partner organization, as well as contract management
- CIA reporting and monitoring activities, approvals, and document retention
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The hardworking professional we seek has these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Bachelors degree and 2 years of compliance/regulatory, and/or patient assistance program, and/or access reimbursement experience or non-profit organization managementOr
Associates degree and 6 years of compliance/regulatory, and/or patient assistance program, and/or access reimbursement experience or non-profit organization managementOr
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of compliance/regulatory, and/or patient assistance program, and/or access reimbursement experience or non-profit organization managementPreferred Qualifications:
- Degree in policy, compliance, or business law
- Experience in compliance/regulatory environment
- Proficient in developing and overseeing control systems, evaluating the efficiency of those controls, and continuously revising procedures
- Ability to modulate communications based on target audience
- Strong executive presence with senior leaders including the ability to communicate effectively on a prepared and ad-hoc basis
- Team oriented player with strong work ethic
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders and influence others
- Action and results-oriented individual
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal communication skills, self-confidence, decisiveness
- Advocates strategic positions in the face of uncertainty
- Comfortable with ambiguous work assignments and experience managing change in a complex, matrix organization
- Committed to doing the right thing
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.