Administrative Coordinator, Neuroscience Marketing
The Neuroscience Business Unit (NuBU) at Amgen is looking for a dynamic, organized administrative professional to support the Head of Marketing and two Marketing Directors in our home office, Thousand Oaks, California.
The Administrative Coordinator is to perform a variety of complex administrative support activities; to execute significant amount of travel arrangements and expense reporting; to assist in report generation as requested; to support PowerPoint presentation development; to facilitate tracking of deliverables and timelines as directed; and to manage the coordination of meeting logistics, minutes and other duties as assigned.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing calendars and scheduling meetings
- Ordering office supplies
- Arranging purchase orders
- Making travel arrangements and preparing expense reports as requested
- Assisting with preparation of presentations
- Managing departmental administrative files
- Performing administrative duties as assigned
- Maintaining distribution, contact and personnel lists
- Coordinating mailings and courier/deliveries
- Managing the administrative aspects of relationships with outside experts and vendors
- Participating in department project teams
- Provide backup support to additional department ACs
- Managing individual and team calendars (Outlook)
- Coordinating local meetings: arrange travel, meeting arrangements, visitor accommodations Organizing meeting rooms, including logistics, catering and equipment needs
- Preparing agendas and take action items as required.
- Assisting with special projects as requested by the Directors and others within group
Associates degree and 2 years of Administrative experience
High school diploma/GED and 4 years of Administrative experience
- Helpful, can-do attitude with a solution-oriented approach
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple people at once (calendars too)
- Detail-oriented proven skills
- Excellent travel and meeting planning skills
- Good external customer communication skills
- Strong Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint Skills
- Excellent Time Management skills
- Ability to prioritize projects of greater urgency and importance
- Excellent Project management skills
- Calm under pressure
- Amgen experience
- Bachelors degree
- Experience working in biopharma industry
- 5+ years of experience in an administrative support role supporting large teams at different levels
- Managing multiple calendars including coordination across multiple time zones
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.