Amgen is seeking a Specialist Data Engineer to join the Operations Information System organization. This position will partner with Supply Chain to build leading edge analytics applications. Our success is inspired by our dedication to our patients, to our business clients, and to using technologies that deliver critical business value. We value individuals who have high personal standards of productivity, quality, and ethics. We value people who are intellectually curious and love learning. You will need to have the ability to quickly learn about the biotechnology operations value chain, including supply chain, logistics, and manufacturing systems. We are looking for someone who can work independently but values collaboration and learning from others.Core Responsibilities for the Role:
- You will evaluate and utilize state of the art technologies (data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, modeling, simulation tools, and enterprise data lake) to meet Supply Chain business needs
- Build high-performance algorithms, prototypes, predictive models (supervised and unsupervised) and proof of concepts
- Translate complex problems and solutions and provide actionable insight to executives
- Transform ambiguous business questions into measurable and impactful insights
- Collaborate cross-functionally with supply chain business partners to develop proof of concepts and industrialize analytics and modeling applications for scale.
- You will collaborate with the data engineering team members to ensure all services are secure, reliable, maintainable, and well-integrated into our existing platforms.
- Present analysis, ideas, progress, and results to business partners in clear and impactful manner
- Lead and mentor Junior Data Scientists and Data Engineers
Masters degree and 1 3 years of related experienceOR
Bachelors degree and 3 - 5 years of related experienceOR
Associate degree and 8+ years of directly related experience
- Consistent record leading technical product teams in agile development
- Consistent track record leading multiple technical sprints simultaneous
- Excellent communicator who is able to write and speak about technical concepts to business, technical, and lay audiences
- Consistent track record of taking initiative and work independently with minimal supervision
- Passion for learning and staying on top of current technologies
- Extensive experience working with Business Users on eliciting data engineering requirements and developing data processing pipeline that meets their analytic needs
- Extensive experience building data processing piplelines for large data sets such as SAP or Anaplan
- Proficient in coding in Python
- Has hands on experience writing SQL using any RDBMS (Redshift, Postgres, MySQL, Teradata, Oracle, etc.).
- Experience with AWS Services like EC2, S3, Redshift/Spectrum, Glue, Athena, RDS, Lambda, and API gateway.
- Has hands-on experience using Databricks/Jupyter or similar notebook environment.
- Experience with software DevOps CI/CD tools, such Git, Jenkins, Linux, and Shell Script
- Experience with distributed (Spark, Dask) and cloud (AWS, GCP) computing
- Experience with Tableau or similar visualization tools
- Experience creating and maintaining documents like requirement specification, design specification and test cases
- Biotech / Pharma experience
- Experience with Spark, Hive, Kafka, Kinesis, Spark Streaming, and Airflow.
- Experience with ML libraries like scikitlearn, MLib, Keras, TensorFlow, Pytorch, Pandas etc.
- Ability to perform code review and code optimization
- Ability to debug production code and provide timely break fixes for production issues
- Knowledge of the clinical trials lifecycle is highly preferred
- Knowledge of Integrated Business Planning or Sales and Operations Planning is highly preferred
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Ready to Apply for the Job?
We highly recommend utilizing Workday's robustCareer Profilefeature to complete the application process. A link to update your profile is available when you clickApply. You can then complete your Workday profile in minutes with the Upload My Experience functionality to upload an updated copy of your resume or you can simply edit the individual sections of your Career Profile.
Please note that you should be in your current position for at least 18 months before applying to internal positions. Staff must notify their current manager if invited for an interview. In addition, Staff are ineligible to apply for open positions if (a) their performance is currently being managed on a performance improvement plan (PIP) or other locally utilized formal coaching document or (b) their most recent performance rating was not a Partially Meets Expectations or higher. Please visit ourInternal Transfer Guidelinesfor more detailed information
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.