Software Engineer - Salesforce
Would you like to use your Salesforce development skills to help deliver the world's most advanced and life-changing biotech medicines by building creative and groundbreaking solutions? We are seeking a Salesforce Software Engineer to join Amgen's Operations IS team, supporting Global Supply Chain functions.
This position is responsible for designing and building secure, scalable solutions on the Salesforce.com (SFDC) platform working with Platform & Product Owners, Technologists, Business & IS partners, and driving the evolution of our service, commerce, distribution and logistics systems and capabilities. The role will focus on developing applications on the Salesforce Service, Commerce, Experience Cloud and Mulesoft platforms. You will stay abreast of current Salesforce capabilities and roadmaps, drive the adoption of standard software development, engineering and release processes, and utilize Agile and Dev/Ops standard methodologiesJob Responsibilities:
- Software application Dev/Ops on Amgens Salesforce.com platform using Apex, Visual Force, and Lightning Web Components for Service, Commerce and experience cloud capabilities
- Develop and maintain customizations for solution delivery utilizing Salesforce Service, Commerce, Experience Cloud, Mulesoft platforms, DocuSign and Conga platforms
- Configure and model the Salesforce.com application based on the business requirements
- Build Service cloud capabilities - setup accounts & contacts, cases, email-to-case and omni channel rules targeting business requirements.
- Build Commerce cloud capabilities set up products, orders, carts, entitlements, order status standard and custom objects per business requirements
- Lead the technical configuration of standard and custom objects developed, experience cloud portal, and API customization.
- Formulate sound technical solutions to common Order to Cash lifecycle, Distribution & Logistics business requirements.
- Communicate software and system designs using UML, lucid chart or other modeling tools and software. Collaborate with team members to apply abstractions and service-orientation to foster scalability
- Develop Test classes and automation to validate business logic and avoid production issues
- Deploy software by following platform release guidelines and change control processes in place with project releases
- Work closely with members of the Product team, and cross-functionally with business and other IS partners using Agile, scrum and lean principles
- Work in a changing environment, under pressure, handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Apply standard methodologies and experience to build Salesforce.com applications
- Research Salesforce.com capabilities as needed to suit business requirements, and provide gap analysis
- Develop estimates for projects
Doctorate degree and 1 3 years of related experience
Masters degree and 3 5 years of related experience
Bachelors degree and 5 - 8 years of related experience
Associate degree and 10+ years of directly related experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Experience in Software Engineering and Development
- Strong learning agility, ability to pick up new technologies
- Solid experience working with agile methodology & DevOps (Jenkins, JIRA, GitHub) frameworks with successful experience working in a collaborative team environment
- A thorough understanding of web services, data modeling, and enterprise application integration concepts - including experience with implementing Salesforce Integrations with Mulesoft, Conga and DocuSign
- Salesforce Advanced Administration and Developer certification strongly preferred
- Data analysis and reporting experience by using analytics, visualization and database technologies (R, Spotfire, Tableau, Python and others)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and/or Amazon Connect
- Demonstrably excellent, context-specific and adaptive communication and presentation skills across a variety of audiences and situations; established habit of proactive thinking and behavior and the desire and ability to self-start/learn and apply new technologies
- Expertise with translating business requirements to technical requirements and recommend solutions
- Knowledge of or experience in supply chain processes like order to cash, distribution, customer service
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Ready to Apply for the Job?
We highly recommend utilizing Workday's robustCareer Profilefeature to complete the application process. A link to update your profile is available when you clickApply. You can then complete your Workday profile in minutes with the Upload My Experience functionality to upload an updated copy of your resume or you can simply edit the individual sections of your Career Profile.
Please note that you should be in your current position for at least 18 months before applying to internal positions. Staff must notify their current manager if invited for an interview. In addition, Staff are ineligible to apply for open positions if (a) their performance is currently being managed on a performance improvement plan (PIP) or other locally utilized formal coaching document or (b) their most recent performance rating was not a Partially Meets Expectations or higher. Please visit ourInternal Transfer Guidelinesfor more detailed information
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.