Senior Manager Information Systems - Integrated Business Planning
Amgen is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients. We provide the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurialism and pioneering spirit that marked our early days as a biotechnology innovator.
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and enthusiastic Product Owner to lead the Integrated Business Planning (IBP) capability teams within the Operations IS (OIS) group to support the Global Supply Chain business organization. If youre interested in helping to advance strategic capabilities within Amgens Supply Chain in the area of Supply and Demand Planning as well as Analytics to enable faster decision making & speed to/in market, this is just the role for you!
This position is responsible for driving the overall program success and growing the operational efficiency of product teams by applying agile principles and processes and partnering with business and technology leaders to ensure holistic alignment. This individual will own and manage all process, financial and governance aspects of the program. He/She will serve as a mentor/coach in Agile development principles and methodologies, working with teams to measure and drive continuous improvement in their ability to deliver high-quality software solutions using rapid, iterative development while also promoting a balanced team dynamic.Responsibilities Include:
- Overall product and product features from concept to EOL
- Management of the product team to ensure that business, quality, and functional goals are met with each product release
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics, and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Incorporate feature requests into product roadmap
- Design, usability, quality, and delivery of a product or feature
- Develop user stories and define acceptance criteria
- Set sprint goals
- Plan releases and upgrades
- Inspire and motivate the product team to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Manages progress of work and addresses production issues during sprints
- Keeps track of industry trends
- Communication with stakeholders to make sure goals are clear and the vision is aligned with business objectives
- Support product going for funding approval
Doctorate degree and 2 years of directly related experience
Masters degree and 6 years of directly related experience
Bachelors degree and 8 years of directly related experience
Associates degree and 10 years of directly related experience
High school diploma / GED & 12 years of directly related experience.
- Previous experience working as a Product Owner
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Extensive hands-on technical, solution architecture and engineering experience with planning applications like Anaplan, Kinaxis (Rapid Response)
Thorough understanding of integration concepts, methodologies, and technologies; functional knowledge of MuleSoft or
- similar Enterprise Service Bus technologies
- Experience working with AWS, Enterprise Data Lake (EDL), BOM structure and large data structures
- Experience developing complex products in a regulated or compliant environment
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the implementation life cycle including, but not limited to, gathering user stories, designing the future state solutions, the development objects related to their process scope, as well as supporting testing and post implementation support
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills with great attention to detail
- Demonstrably excellent, context-specific and adaptive communication and presentation skills across a variety of audiences and situations; established habit of proactive thinking and behavior and the desire and ability to self-start/learn and apply new technologies
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Ready to Apply for the Job?
We highly recommend utilizing Workday's robustCareer Profilefeature to complete the application process. A link to update your profile is available when you clickApply. You can then complete your Workday profile in minutes with the Upload My Experience functionality to upload an updated copy of your resume or you can simply edit the individual sections of your Career Profile.
Please note that you should be in your current position for at least 18 months before applying to internal positions. Staff must notify their current manager if invited for an interview. In addition, Staff are ineligible to apply for open positions if (a) their performance is currently being managed on a performance improvement plan (PIP) or other locally utilized formal coaching document or (b) their most recent performance rating was not a Partially Meets Expectations or higher. Please visit ourInternal Transfer Guidelinesfor more detailed information
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.