Information Systems Sr. Manager
Amgen is seeking an Information System Sr. Manager serving as the primary leader for Next Generation Trial Execution (NGTE). The selected candidate will work with Global Development, Global Statistical Programming, Center for Design and Analysis, Clinical Study Analysis and Reporting, Center for Observational Research, and Process Development business organizations. We seek an IS technical leader with a passion for innovation, a collaborative working style, and partners effectively with business leaders and across the broader IS organization. This leader will be responsible for implementing and advancing the IS strategy in the Clinical Statistical Computing Domain.
- Responsible for delivery of innovative technology and data solutions for NGTE
- Advance the IS strategy for NGTE with business differentiated platforms and technology capabilities
- Advance the IS strategy by delivering innovative solution using R, Python, AWS, Databricks, and other new technologies for NGTE
- Provide leadership in defining technical and process improvements with many business groups, IS, and vendors to plan and implement City planning for the future (ecosystem rationalization, cloud adoption, Cloud adoption, etc.)
- Interact with business clients, IS management, and suppliers to lay out a technology roadmap, build business cases, run projects to achieve the roadmap, and provide vendor oversight
- Partner with business and technology teams to elicit, analyze, translate, and document business requirements into technical requirements and solutions
- Responsible for leading key client relationships that are essential for the capability that this role will support
- Work directly with business partners to analyze current processes and capabilities to see opportunities for improvements
- Handle vendor, service costs, requirements elicitation, and documentation, market/vendor analysis, identification and management of risks
- Work closely with architects and technical SMEs and enabling user adoption.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Information Systems experience
Masters degree and 4 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelors degree and 6 years of Information Systems experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
- Experience developing a multiyear technology plan
- Ability to build compelling business cases with accurate cost and effort estimations
- Understand business functionality and translate it into application requirements
- Solid grasp of business complexity and project interdependencies
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question partners across functions
- Sharp learning agility, problem-solving and analytical thinking
- Build a multi-functional alliance to advance technical innovation to deliver business value
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to explain sophisticated technical concepts to non-technical clients
- Analytical skills and techniques to evaluate, interpret and resolve sophisticated situations/problems using multiple sources of information
- Familiar with SAS, R, Python programming.
- Familiar with AWS architecture and Databricks
- Understanding of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) methodologies
- Experience in biotechnology or other healthcare environments
- Experience leading regulated systems
We understand that to efficiently sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.