Principle Scientist - RNA Biologist
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Principle Scientist RNA BiologistLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be apart of Amgens Induced Proximity Platform (IPP) leading our Targeted RNA Degradation group in Thousand Oaks, California. The IPP takes innovative, cross-discipline approaches, including Targeted RNA Degradation, to tackle the toughest targets. The IPP is charged with developing Amgens newest drug modalities of heterobifunctional small molecules. The IPP is seeking a creative, emerging scientific leader to discover and develop novel therapies for cancer and other therapeutic areas.The Principle Scientists primary responsibilities include:
- Developing platforms and modalities to impact challenging targets across multiple therapeutic areas, including oncology and immuno-oncology.
- Lead a group to support discovery and development of novel therapeutic modalities based on Targeted RNA Degradation, including RIBOTACs.
- Set project goals, manage individuals, and communicate with the broader Research community at Amgen.
- Inform departmental goals and strategy and will represent the department in various cross-functional activities including academic collaborations, external research evaluations, project teams, and scientific committees.
- Expected to contribute to the scientific community through conference presentations and impactful publications.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Scientific professional we seek is an emerging leader with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Doctorate degree OR
Masters degree and 4 years of relevant scientific experience OR
Bachelors degree and 6 years of relevant scientific experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Ph.D. or M.D. with postdoctoral training and research experience in the field of RNA biology
- Experience as an independent scientist leading projects and a group
- Strong capability as a mentor and group leader
- Need to be able to demonstrate a track record of independent critical thinking and scientific achievement in research, exemplified by a strong publication record in top tier journals
- Broad knowledge of molecular and cellular biology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and can work effectively in a highly collaborative research environment.
- Flexibility to work in teams to achieve changing project goals and meet timelines
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.