Principle Architect Synchronous Communications
The Customer Care & Experience team at Amgen focuses on advancing capabilities which improve the experience of internal Amgen customers (workforce). Within Customer Care & Experience, the Digital Workplace Experience team focuses on driving adoption and maximizing business value of deployed End User Technologies. These include synchronous and asynchronous collaboration solutions such as WebEx, Microsoft Teams, Miro, Conferencing, AV endpoints, Voice infrastructure and other ancillary products and platforms. The team consists of cross-disciplinary IS professionals who understand how to deliver services that span operations, engineering, governance, and enablement.
Amgen is seeking a hardworking Principal IS Architect to join a high-performing team of engineers on our Unified Communications team. We are looking for an individual with strong technical skills and experience working in a dynamic environment that demands high-quality and efficient results. To be successful, you will need to have excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, and a proven ability to successfully design and deploy innovative solutions.Key Responsibilities include:
- Works with the Senior Manager to align IS strategy and planning with the companys business goals and objectives
- Interacts with IS managers and vendors to identify and evaluate new technology products for their services.
- Partners with business users to elicit and translate business requirements into technological solutions.
- Leads the design, development, and testing of new Unified Communications systems, including voice and video endpoints, server infrastructure, SaaS systems, and other IS solutions related to live communications.
- Plans, tests and assists with deployment of upgrades to existing Unified Communications systems related to live communications.
- Provides consensus-based, scalable, and adaptable solutions.
- Develops and maintains policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure that UC systems are consistent across the company.
- Reviews business requests for system enhancements and undertakes cost evaluation, standards reviews, and prioritization.
- Guides continuous improvement efforts for the service and system architecture.
- Works with information protection teams to evaluate the security of existing and new IS systems and devices
- Establish relationships with internal and external partners to drive road maps from our existing platforms to integrate with emerging technologies
- Ensure department documentation, SOPs, knowledge base articles are properly managed and maintained
Doctorate degree and 2 years experience as a Unified Communications Engineer/ArchitectOR
Masters degree and 6 years experience as a Unified Communications Engineer/ArchitectOR
Bachelors degree and 8 years experience as a Unified Communications Engineer/ArchitectOR
Associates degree and 10 years experience as a Unified Communications Engineer/ArchitectOR
High school diploma / GED and 12 years experience as a Unified Communications Engineer/ArchitectPreferred Qualifications:
- Ability to think big and challenge conventional wisdom regarding technology refresh and hype.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and willing to take principled bets on new technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and understanding of the Agile project methodology
- Ability to establish, implement, and enforce appropriate IS standards to meet business requirements.
- Ability to effectively exchange ideas and information with IS associates, management and vendors to accomplish work objectives and build consensus
- Ability to communicate and build relationships outside IS
- Proven ability to perform market and competitor analysis
- Extensive experience with various protocols including SIP, H323, H264, H265, AV1, WebRTC
- Deep knowledge of UC systems including Cisco CUCM, Jabber, UCCX, PCCE and video collaboration tools (including Webex, Zoom and MS Teams) on both desktop and mobile devices
- Knowledge of network communications such as firewalls, load balancers, IP addresses, DNS, Proxy, SD-WAN, TCP, UDP, QOS
- Knowledge of Windows 10 deployments including Autopilot and Kiosk mode
- Experience with AV Technologies such as Crestron, Extron, Cisco, Biamp, LG Displays (including DV-LED), and other AV products
- Experience with cloud computing providers such as AWS and Azure
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and spectacularly improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.