UCC Synchronous Collaboration Engineer
The Specialist IS Engineer Unified Communication and Collaboration plays an integral role in building a holistic view and roadmap of the companys information technology strategy and processes related to Audio Visual systems!! The IS Engineer partners with both business and technology groups to ensure that the proposed technical solutions align with the companys overall objectives, and that both groups enable and drive each other to meet the companys mission and vision.Key Responsibilities
- Aligns IS strategy and planning with the companys business goals and objectives.
- Interacts with IS managers and vendors to identify and evaluate new technology products for their services.
- Partners with business users to elicit and translate business requirements into technological solutions.
- Leads the design, delivery, development, and support of projects related to conference rooms, auditoriums, and digital signage in various global locations.
- Provides consensus-based, scalable, and adaptable solutions.
- Develops and maintains policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure that AV systems are consistent across the company.
- Reviews business requests for system improvements and undertakes cost evaluation, standards reviews, and prioritization.
- Guides continuous improvement efforts for the service and AV system architecture.
- Works with architectural design teams to ensure new conference rooms or spaces are suitable for AV systems.
- Works with information protection teams to evaluate the security of existing and new devices that require a network connection.
Masters degree and 3 years of related experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of related experience
Associates degree and 10 years of related experienceOR
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of related experienceSkills
- Ability to think big and challenge conventional wisdom regarding technology refresh and hype.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and willing to take principled bets on new technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and understanding of the Project Management lifecycle.
- Solid attention to detail to identify system design issues before installation.
- Ability to establish, implement, and enforce appropriate IS standards to meet business requirements.
- Ability to communicate and build relationships outside IS.
- Ability to perform market and competitor analysis.
- Professional in understanding Audio Video signal flows and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of Crestron, Extron, Cisco, Biamp, LG Displays (including DV-LED), and other AV products.
- Good understanding the following technologies:
- Basic networking principals (DNS, ISE, QOS, and other areas needed for successful deployment of networked AV devices)
- Video and Voice over IP (VoIP) protocols (SIP, H323, H264, H265, Opus, G.722)
- Windows 10 deployments including Autopilot and Kiosk mode.
- Microsoft Office including Excel and Visio.
- Cisco UCM and Cisco Control Hub
- Certifications: CTS-D and one or more certifications from Manufacturers such as Cisco, Biamp or Crestron.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.