Director, Procurement Operations
Manager: Senior Director, Procurement
Location: Richmond or Brisbane, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are passionate in developing genomic medicines to transform the lives of patients with serious diseases. We transform lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
Sangamo Therapeutics is seeking an Associate Director of Procurement, who will be responsible for executing operational goals, and objectives of the procurement department; developing, recommending, and implementing strategies to strengthen purchasing processes, and reduce cost. Responsible for supplier relationships, supplier network, company purchasing policy, contract reviews, daily requisition queue, competitive bids, ad hoc projects, and continuous improvements within the Procurement Department, and across the organization.
- Effectively manage and lead the procurement operations providing transparency to performance and driving improvements to people, process and technologies within role scope
- Coach, mentor and develop an effective Procurement Operations Team, including both employees and contingent workforce
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience by proactively strategizing with business and technical owners to understand the needs of the organization
- Manage, develop and maintain long-term relationships with key internal business partners and suppliers.
- Manage the Corporate Travel Operations including on-going management of the Corporate Travel Agency supplier
- Manage overall supplier performance – including, acting as an escalation point in the event of non-performance
- Establish and manage best practices in contract management. Work with appropriate stakeholders (Legal, Human Resource, FP&A etc.) Create and maintain an organized tracking system. Maintain internal control compliance.
- Continuously seek out cost savings opportunities and lead efforts to realize those savings. Lead cost reduction activities and drive cost savings philosophy with support staff
- Supervise the administration and execution of transactions within the purchasing function. Work with supporting staff to maximize efficiencies, increase effectiveness and provide mentorship
- Lead cross functional supplier selection activities through management of formal RFP, RFQ, and RFI processes
- Provide management monthly analyses of performance analytics and communicate key performance variances
- Survey purchasing’s internal customers to ensure services, tool, and systems provided meet the organization’s present and future requirements
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management, Business, Science or closely related discipline. Will consider equivalent experience which includes a strong background in Pharmaceutical Purchasing
- Demonstrated experience in a leading Source-to-Pay application, Jaggaer preferred
- Experience in building and managing direct reports
- Strong ability to collaborate and partner in cross functional team environment, excellent communications and problem solving skills
- 8+ years of procurement experience is required, preferably in pharmaceutical, GMP or FDA regulated environment
- Proven ability to evaluate quality and negotiate with suppliers to obtain best pricing
- Demonstrated basic understanding of accounting
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS Office, experience with Oracle Fusion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English language
- Must be proactive, results oriented, and have strong attention to detail, along with an ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated cross-functional team leadership
- Ability to develop and implement a well-thought-out procurement strategy that incorporates key metrics, consistent reporting and ability to identify key issues within the context of the bigger picture
- Ability to quickly obtain knowledge and understanding of the company’s in-house operations
- Project Management experience
- Strong background and ability in administration and review of contracts
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level and to work cross functionally with diverse teams and incorporate business stakeholder goals and objectives
- Ability to drive aggressive implementation plans and schedules
- Must be able to problem solve while effectively handling multiple tasks
- This position can be located in either our Richmond or Brisbane, CA office and will require travel to the other site as needed (25% or less).
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.