Sr. Project Manager - Agile
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Develop, execute and manage IT projects within the defined scope. Expedite, manage and coordinated a multitude of interrelated IT project activities within the constraints of human and financial resources and changing priorities to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Initiate and Plan IT Projects: Works with business and IT management to establish and gain consensus on project goals, objectives and deliverables.
- Project Control: Assess the degree to which changes to scope, issues and risks will affect projects working with department, divisional management and sponsor to gain agreement for resolution. Measure performance to assure the project is progressing as compared to original plan and budget.
- Executing and Closing Projects: Develops and executes a work plan obtaining authorized resources to ensure all activities are performed. Gather lessons learned and obtain final project approval from sponsor and stakeholders.
- Project Communication: Communicate project progress by producing project reports to provide timely and accurate project status and decision support information to Project Team, Department and Division management.
- Resource and Team Management: Coordinate resources to ensure project needs are addressed and effectively assign tasks and deliverables to team members based upon their abilities. Supervises and motivates cross-functional project team of business analysts, developers, and validation analysts.
- Quality Management: Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree with 7 years experience; Master's Degree with 6 years experience; PhD with 2 years experience in project management, business systems analysis, software development or deployment, with experience managing projects.
- Preferred PMI-ACP (PMI Agile Certified Practitioner) and/or CSM (Certified Scrum Master) Certification
- Experience executing projects using a variety of methodologies including waterfall, hybrid and Agile.
- Experience facilitating and working with projects in an Agile framework using backlogs, user stories and Agile estimation techniques.
- Experience working PPM tools; Clarity, Jira, MS Project.
- Experience facilitating sprint planning, retrospective, and daily activities related to stand-ups and sprint burn down; as well as maintain relevant metrics that help the team see and understand their progress during a sprint.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.