Associate Director, Global MABI, Parkinson's Disease
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Associate Director, Business Intelligence plays an essential role in the Parkinson’s Global Brand Team, ensuring market and stakeholder insights drive informed strategic and operational decisions for AbbVie marketed brands and late-stage development assets nearing anticipated launch. She/he will lead Business Intelligence activities (primary research, secondary data analysis, analysis of internally generated promotional activity data) and synthesize insights across diverse information sources to generate new, credible insights supporting actionable recommendations that address key business needs and objectives.
Key responsibilities include independently leading Business Intelligence planning, implementation, communication of results, and embedding of insights into brand strategies and plans. The Associate Director will be responsible for managing all aspects of Business Intelligence including initiation of the RFP process, Vendor Selection, Study Design, Contract Execution, Budget Management, and providing direction on the Scope of Services to be provided by such resources.
The Associate Director will independently lead all aspects of project planning, such as coordination, setting time lines, scheduling participant meetings, shaping conclusions and recommendations, presenting interim and final results, and communicating all project progress/initiatives to Brand Teams, Senior Management, and/or Vendors, where appropriate.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as the GMABI lead for assigned assets and therapy areas, becoming a trusted partner to Global, Area and Affiliate leadership, guiding brand strategy and advising on key initiatives based on knowledge of the business and market through data and analytics capabilities
- Enable and demonstrate leadership on the cross-functional business teams, Global Brand Team (GBT), Area Brand Teams and IBT (Affiliate Brand Teams) to make better and more rapid business decisions by framing & prioritizing critical brand questions.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with Area and Key Affiliate contacts to co-create and execute plans, eliminate redundancies and ensure consistency of our market understanding
- Influence and motivate Business Intelligence partners in Key Affiliates to work together to address shared information needs for the Advanced Parkinson’s business, including aligned market tracking approaches and co-creation of market research and data planning through One Market Research Plan
- Proactively identify new data sources and analytics opportunities to ensure that GBT decision-making is based on the most current, objective and comprehensive insights
- Play a leading role in the continuous brand planning process based on a deep understanding of the market drivers, patient journey, competition and positioning highlighting opportunities to enhance patient and HCP (Health Care Professional) experience and plans to address leverage points & gaps
- Lead commercial competitive intelligence to help AbbVie anticipate competitor strategies and achieve market leadership
- Provide insights to both current dynamics and future market evolution over the next 3-5 years to guide GBT in the development of successful strategies to maximize both the brand and the market. Identify and utilize reasonable data sources & analytics approaches to measure and evaluate the effectiveness of our core strategies and key initiatives.
- Lead and participate in initiatives to improve the GMABI data and analytics capabilities
- Ensure all GMABI activities are conducted on time, within budget, and in accordance with financial and ethical compliance guidelines.
- BA or BS degree required. Advanced degree (e.g. MBA or MA) preferred. Degree concentration in marketing research, marketing or social sciences. Statistical knowledge is a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Marketing Analytics and Business Intelligence, including a strong working knowledge of key data sources and analytics approaches to gaining insights in healthcare at the global and country level. Experience developing and executing global analytics and research plans. Experience analyzing and drawing insights from quantitative and secondary data sets
- Global pharmaceutical or healthcare industry experience, neuroscience experience preferred
- Excellent strategic thinking and thought leadership with strong story telling capabilities
- Analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, strong business acumen, and creativity in problem solving, including developing and testing simple hypotheses using available data including market dynamics (share and total volume) trends in Microsoft Excel
- Experience influencing cross-functional, global and affiliate teams
- Ability to interact effectively with/present to (verbally and in writing) all levels of the organization
Ability to be agile & nimble to changing business conditions, strong collaboration and teamwork across functional groups to contribute to a productive work culture. Lead strategically and create trust and respect within the department
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.