Scientist I, Antibody Center [JC-1472]
LakePharma is the leading US-based biologics contract research, development, and manufacturing organization (CRDMO). The company has developed a range of technologies and capabilities in antibody discovery, protein engineering, cell line development, protein optimization, and GMP manufacturing. With comprehensive technologies, integrated platforms, and five facilities located in key biopharma hubs on both the East and West Coast, LakePharma enables and supports the discovery and development of the biologics of tomorrow.
We are rapidly growing and seeking a talented individual to join our Antibody Center, specialized in antibody engineering. The candidate will be part of the Antibody Engineering Group, responsible for phage library construction and screening, new antibody discovery and affinity maturation, as well as the companion biochemical assays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work on various projects for our clients that involve the discovery of novel antibodies or engineering of existing antibodies to improve their functional activities.
- Use state-of-the-art phage display methodologies and high throughput ELISA based screening.
- Work with scientists to facilitate troubleshooting activities as needed
- Regularly communicate results in internal and external updates
- Perform experiments in diligent manner with minimal supervision.
- M.Sc./Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry, chemical engineering or a related field with 5 years of direct work experience is desired
- Phage display experience is required
- Extensive experience in ELISA based screening
- Experience in molecular biology techniques
- Knowledge of DNA sequence analysis software
- Excellent attention to detail, record keeping, and communication skills
- Strong ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
Work is performed in an office and laboratory environment. May be exposed to biological and chemical hazards. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 30lbs. Must be able to work while wearing personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, gloves, and lab coats deemed necessary to protect testing and to protect employees. Work is to be performed on site.
This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities. The employer reserves the right to revise key functions of this position at any time.
LakePharma is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.