Clinical Research Medical Director - Oncology (Bemarituzumab)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing and delivering ever-better products that read over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.Clinical Research Medical Director Oncology (Bemarituzumab)Live
What you will do
Today, Amgen is advancing the largest early Oncology pipeline in our history spanning several innovative technology platforms Bispecific T Cell Engagers (BiTEs), CAR Ts, Bispecific Antibodies, Oncolytic Viruses, Neoantigen Vaccine and Small Molecules across many targets and more than a dozen tumor types. In this vital role the Clinical Research Medical Director - Oncology will contribute to the development of overall program clinical development strategy, evidence generation plan (EGP), and execution of program level activities; lead the design and development of clinical study protocols; and serve as a member of the Clinical Study Team - Leadership Team (CST-LT) to provide strategic oversite and execution of clinical trials.
- Support cross-functional and global collaborations to integrate broad medical, scientific, and commercial input into the development program
- Participate in and provide clinical input into safety and regulatory interactions
- Provide clinical/scientific input during the development and execution of clinical trials
- Provide clinical/scientific input into, author sections of, and QC study-related documents (e.g. study concept documents and protocols)
- Interpret clinical trial data
- Participate in safety assessments
- Review and provide clinical scientific input to TLGs and safety narratives
- Review scientific literature
- Initiate database analyses to support commercial/clinical objectives
- Contribute to the preparation of clinical study reports and regulatory submissions
- Participate in interactions with regulatory agencies
- Develop key opinion leaders and make scientific presentation at advisory boards, key scientific meetings and external committee meetings as delegated by the Clinical Scientists, NAML, or GDL
- Identify new clinical research opportunities
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is a self-starter with the following qualifications.Qualifications
- MD, DO or PharmD degree from an accredited university AND
- Completion of an accredited medical or surgical residency OR
- Clinical experience in either an accredited academic setting or private practice (including hospital based) setting or relevant pharmacy experience
- Accredited training in Internal Medicine, Surgery, Hematology or Oncology, board certified or equivalent 2+ years of clinical research experience and/or basic science research combined with clinical teaching and patient care activities
- An understanding of the scientific method and clinical applications based medical, scientific and practical rationale
- Familiarity with concepts of clinical research and clinical trial design including biostatistics
- Familiarity with regulatory agency organizations, guidelines, and practices
- Ability to effectively present ideas and document complex medical/clinical concepts in both written and oral communication
- History of solving problems while exhibiting superior judgment and balanced, realistic understanding of issues
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.