SVP, Research & Development
Cybin has an exciting opportunity for a SVP, Research & Development to join the leadership team!
A leading biotechnology company, Cybin is focused on and dedicated to progressing psychedelic therapeutics by utilizing proprietary drug discovery platforms, innovative drug delivery systems, novel formulation approaches and treatment regimens for psychiatric disorders. To learn more about Cybin, visit https://www.cybin.com.ABOUT THE POSITION
The SVP Research & Development will be primarily responsible for providing leadership and technical oversight of Cybin sponsored research and development activities/exploratory and discovery research/product development efforts conducted internally and at external Contract Research Organizations (CROs). The SVP Research & Development will also have responsibility for directing product discovery efforts and ensure effective development of new products. A key focus of the role is to provide strong technical leadership coupled with equally effective project management skills. The incumbent must then have the ability to generate innovative solutions across R&D, and will drive integrated planning, continued process improvement and operational excellence across these key development functions to enable significant growth, optimal portfolio execution and the smooth functioning of the R&D organization.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the Discovery Research and Preclinical teams focused on building and advancing a world-class psychedelic portfolio targeting psychiatric disorders.
- Attract, develop and retain top talent for the Discovery Research and Preclinical teams, while motivating staff to continually improve its performance.
- Provide R&D planning, activity prioritization, staffing, and resource allocation.
- Source and interact with contract research and manufacturing organizations, trial site investigators, and R&D consultants including contract negotiation, evaluation of contract performance and ensuring the deliverables are met.
- Direct and maintain a portfolio governance system to manage all programs and projects to ensure attainment of key milestones and adherence to timelines and budgets.
- Oversee the delivery of best-in-class capabilities for Discovery Research and Preclinical in the areas of project planning, budget/resource management, reporting, performance management and R&D IT systems.
- Work with CMC, Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs to ensure products are developed in a manner that complies with global regulatory requirements.
- Provide clear, concise portfolio updates to all levels in the organization.
- Any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned from time to time.
- PhD in Organic/Medicinal Chemistry or Biology is preferred.
- Significant experience (>15 years) and a proven track-record in senior R&D leadership positions in Pharma/Biotech.
- Strong, dynamic leadership skills including the ability to create vision, build consensus, execute plans and evaluate outcomes.
- Experience in setting and scaling the R&D function.
- Expertise relating to all aspects of the drug development process and the ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement complex projects and lead changes as required.
- Strong working knowledge of contemporary GLP, GCP, GMP requirements.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Cybin Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or parental status, veteran status, neurodiversity status, disability status or any other basis protected by applicable law. We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.