Associate Security Analyst II, Cyber Security Engineering
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie Information Security is looking for a highly motivated, diligent, and skillful analyst to join the Cyber Security Engineering (CSE) Team. The CSE Team, working within the Cyber Security Operations (CSO) function, is responsible for designing, deploying, maintaining, and optimizing the toolsets in use by the Information Security teams. Join us as an Associate Security Analyst II, Cyber Security Engineering to support and improve our efforts to defend against adversaries and help our business continue to have remarkable impacts on people’s lives.
This data-oriented role will be primarily responsible for assisting with data analysis, normalization, and harmonization efforts by leveraging automation toolsets and validating outputs used by the Information Security teams. Leveraging data is a key tenant of the information security team, and this role is critical to ensuring we have consistent, accurate, and actionable data available to measure and drive the various information security services.
This entry-level role will assist in building and honing a foundation of skills and knowledge of data analysis and engineering within the information security environment and will help establish a career path in more senior information security specializations.
- Advocate knowledge sharing between information owners/users through operational processes and systems
- Assist in monitoring and reporting on the usage of knowledge management assets and resources
- Assist in requirements and specifications gathering for data sources and related parsing
- Assist in analysis for anticipated changes in data capacity requirements
- Assist in documenting data standards, policies, and procedures
- Aid in the verification of data owners and cataloging of data within the SIEM and other platforms
- Assist in analyzing data sources to provide recommendations as to how the data may be better utilized
- Assist with the development and validation of computations to assess trends in data to facilitate data collection and related standardizations
- Assist with verification and efficacy testing of threat detection monitoring use cases
- Verify standards and automations in metrics aggregation
- Verify data integrity and translations across interconnected platforms
- Familiarity with regular expressions, what they are, and how they can add value to data analysis
- Basic Knowledge of database management systems, query languages, table relationships, and views
- Basic Experience in validating data sets and calculations
- Basic understanding of Linux and Windows operating systems, cloud platforms, and networking
- Ability to work both independently without direction and within a group for day-to-day activities
- Capable of learning new concepts and processes quickly, and adapting to a constantly changing environment
- Familiarity of cybersecurity, privacy principles, cyber threats, and vulnerabilities
- Comfortable working in Linux and Windows environments
- Prior exposure to log analysis and parsing of unstructured data (ETL)
- Basic understanding of SIEM products (ELK, Splunk, Exabeam, etc)
- Working knowledge regular expressions
- Prior experience or desire to work in an Agile team
- Some Experience working with development tools and scripting languages (git / mercurial / subversion; Python / PowerShell / Go)
- Experience analyzing and pivoting on large sets of data, with the ability to identify patterns, anomalies, and outliers
- Ability to dissect a problem and examine the interrelationships between data that may appear unrelated
- Ability to identify basic common coding flaws at a high level
- Ability to use data visualization tools for end-user consumption
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years of experience
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.