Scientist II, Precision Medicine Pathology
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
General Position Summary/Purpose:
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to work within the Precision Medicine Pathology Group to design and implement novel tissue-based diagnostic assays to support the development and commercialization of medically-differentiated therapies in oncology. This position will develop and validate tissue-based assays to support discovery, translational and CDx work across therapeutic areas. He/she will also be involved in the development of next generation tissue based assays in the areas of multiplexing, image analysis, and spatial profiling. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative environment and will participate as a member of multidisciplinary, cross-functional development project teams.
- Independently designs, validates, and implements novel tissue-based diagnostic assays for individual projects and/or therapeutic areas with a key responsibility to ensure delivery of highly specific and robust assays to meet project timelines
- Supports the general pathology needs of project teams through the effective design and execution of hypothesis-driven studies utilizing tissue based assays
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Graduate degree in Cancer Biology, Physiology, Cell Biology or a related field and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a pharmaceutical, diagnostics or biotech environment. Highly accomplished Bachelor’s degree holders with 7+ years of relevant experience will also be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in diagnostic (IVD & CDx) assay development either in the pharma or diagnostic industries is preferred
- Close familiarity with the principles of tissue microscopic anatomy/histology including knowledge of pathological alterations in disease and experience working in collaboration with trained pathologists is preferred
- Strong, hands-on experience with development of immunohistochemistry (IHC) and other tissue-based assays including immunofluorescence (IF) multiplexing and in situ hybridization (ISH)
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.