Scientist I (TEMPORARY)
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The purpose of the Scientist I is to investigate, identify, develop, and optimize new methods and techniques to generate reliable and reproducible data in a timely manner. Read and adapt scientific literature to accomplish assignments and demonstrate broad and versatile technical expertise within discipline.
- Independently design and conduct critical experiments that further project goals.
- Implement and may innovate new experimental protocols/techniques.
- Understand the goal and maintain a high proficiency in his/her projects as well as the overall program.
- Interpret results and draw conclusions from own multistage experiments, note significant deviations, then suggest, design, and pursue relevant experiments.
- Understand relevant scientific literature and apply the theoretical framework to solving problems within the scientific discipline in a timely manner.
- Perform routine and complex tasks competently and independently and generate reliable and consistent results.
- Impact projects mostly through lab and/or pilot plant-based activities.
- Responsible for compliance with all applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and Procedures.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, controlled drug and radioactive compounds, GxP compliance, and animal care where applicable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science (Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology) or Chemical Engineering or related field with at least 5 years of experience.
- Master's Degree with at least 2 years of related experience.
- Experience supporting biotechnology product qualification projects is strongly preferred.
- Experience managing investigations and product support.
- Knowledge in the qualification of automatic visual inspections is preferred.
NOTE: Temporary assignment for a 4 to 6 months project, approximately.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.