Quality Engineer Op Ex
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Operational Excellence Engineer III for the Audits / Engineering / NC Business Unit provides tactical support for new projects and coordinates and facilitates operational excellence activities.Job Details
This position is responsible for the following:
- Work with business Units to identify process improvement opportunities and then leads the team to achieve the desired results.
- Process mapping of existing processes to document procedures and improve the process.
- Lead teams in process improvement exercises and tracking systematic progress during and after events.
- Train team members in elements of process improvement as required.
- Provide data as required to drive change and document improvements.
- Report key KPI’s as defined by management.
- Communicate continuous improvement activities and results to internal stakeholders.
- Identify cost reduction projects and develop reports to monitor and track progress.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiencies in the Waco facility.
- Ensure that processes support the organization’s goals for quality and customer service.
- Lead improvement teams on 5S audits and corrective actions.
- Other duties and special project as assigned.
Incumbent has full authority to make decisions and/or take action that is required to carry out job duties. Internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, cGMP procedures, general business policies, requirements and objectives. The incumbent must be willing to take temporary assignments as required.Regulated Responsibilities (including cGMP and EHS)
Incumbent is expected to be fully compliant with all criteria established by governmental agencies, Ministry of Health, and legislative requirements including, but not limited to: the FDA, European Community (EC), ISO 13485 - Medical Devices, European Economic Community Medical Device Directive (MDD), Canadian Medical Device Regulations (CMDR), OSHA, Sarbanes-Oxley, EPA, DOT, EEOC, and ADA.
Incumbent will work to ensure that the company is in compliance with all environmental, health and safety requirements and assure our business practices enhance the welfare of our customers, employees and the community in which we operate.
Minimum requirements for this position are:
Bachelor’s Degree in the Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering or a related field.
Five (5) years of experience in Manufacturing, Operations and/or Continuous Improvement Intermediate Microsoft Office and SAP user experience preferred.
Yellow Belt or Green Belt Certification, or the ability to obtain certification within year of accepting position.
Experience: BT Systems
Intermediate Microsoft Office and SAP user experience preferred.
Experience working in a GMP regulated environment preferred.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Yellow Belt or Green Belt Certification, or the ability to obtain certification within year of accepting position.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to influence others effectively.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to communicate clearly and professional, written and verbally.
- Ability to work and communicate with others in a professional and effective manner, within a team-oriented environment.
- Strong results orientation with follow-up skills.
- Intermediate user knowledge of Microsoft Office and computerized inventory systems (SAP preferred), with an ability to learn other computer-based systems.
- Demonstrated process thinking skills and familiarity with knowledge management.
- Ability to read, comprehend, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles including Six Sigma, Kaizen, 5S, One-Piece Flow, Standardized Work, Visual Factory, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Quick Changeover (SMED), Poke Yoke, and Kanban.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.