Senior Manager, Sales Training - Aesthetics
At Allergan Aesthetics, an AbbVie company, we develop, manufacture, and market a portfolio of leading aesthetics brands and products. Our aesthetics portfolio includes facial injectables, body contouring, plastics, skin care, and more. Our goal is to consistently provide our customers with innovation, education, exceptional service, and a commitment to excellence, all with a personal touch. For more information, visit www.AllerganAesthetics.com.
The Field Training Manager (FTM) is responsible for training Business Development Managers (BDMs) to achieve qualitative dollar sales, profitability and market share for the Facial Aesthetics Sales Division. Coordinates efforts with Facial Director of Sales Training and Associate Directors of Training, Marketing and Sales Management to deliver advanced product messaging and business development deliverables. Monitors and improves skill progression from organizational entry sales positions to advanced senior sales positions.
The FTM primary role is to enhance the sales representative’s ability to deliver advanced scientific, business development, and portfolio messages and information. The FTM also enhances sales and leadership development skills by executing sales directives and other training programs within the Area geographies. The FTM supports new hire onboarding and developmental needs as well as other Area and national training directives as required. Facilitates FST training initiatives and participates in the development of the national training plan as part of the marketing planning process.
- Design, develop and deliver effective trainings that stay within budget and impact top line sales.
- Develops relationships with field sales and associated field roles to provide sales training and sales leadership with a clear understanding of training needs for the Allergan Aesthetics businesses
- Works with Sales Training to ensure assigned course training content is up to date and MLRC approved for training needs. Collaboratively works with sales training and all key stakeholders in the Medical/ Legal/Regulatory/Compliance process to ensure all relevant materials are approved.
- Manages expenses for assigned projects and courses, contracts with external consultants and vendors, and ensures all within budgetary guidelines
- Coordinates the training process and development for assigned newly hired business development managers.
- Aligns with Region Manager on the key programs and processes not covered with IT onboarding and ensures representatives have key access to sales programs prior to attending training.
- Works with Manager and Field Sales Trainer to coordinate new hire preparation for account sales calls and initial sales training, prior to attending Foundations/BootCamp. Ensures all key Onboarding Tools are covered with Manager/FST and proper coaching and development standards are executed.
- Conducts field co-travels with each assigned representative post training to work on identifying and addressing key learning gaps.
- Monitors and enhances both New Hire and Tenured BDM’s progress throughout the Facial Training Continuum.
- Works closely with Sales Leadership to identify sales representatives who would benefit from 1:1 field co-travels. Coordinates with the manager on training plan, goals for the co-travel and key skill sets that need to be developed. Travels with representatives in their sales territory and provides insights and coaching. Provides written follow up post co-travel and specific action items for continued development.
- Responsible for National, Area and Regional training projects, ad-hoc developmental opportunities. These will include live in person training and webinars at the National and Area levels.
- Interact with Marketing, Facial training, Sales VP and Area Directors to provide input on field needs around marketing initiatives. The FTM role will frequently be asked to attend Brand Advisory Board Meetings and to provide Business unit specific input to inline Brand and Portfolio Training programs.
- Responsible for Area Sales Director Support and Area Training support, ad-hoc opportunities, and Region Manager LOA Opportunities.
- Interacts with the regional hiring authority to ensure a smooth and productive initial training curriculum.
- Plans and executes Facial Aesthetics Bootcamp sales training live classes which occur before their Foundational Training and are a part of our formalized onboarding process.
- Partnership role held in the Primary Training Course Curriculum (Foundations, Business Development, Advanced Business Development
- Develop, implement and continually refine New hire onboarding processes for Facial Aesthetics
- Continuously assesses training and development needs of the field force and coordinates training resources to ensure the long-term development of the Aesthetic Sales Teams
- Ensures all training and activity plans are aligned with legal, medical, compliance and regulatory requirements
- Owns development of Facial Bootcamp course communications including pre-course attendee and attendee manager calls, pre-course emails, post course survey and post course survey results
- Responsible for FST development throughout the year when FSTs are supporting Facial Bootcamp training courses and Area Initiatives
- Collaborates with TD on advanced training programs for progressing business development managers.
- Interacts with Regional Managers, Area Directors, Marketing and Director/Assoc. Directors to develop advanced curriculum as BDMs progress in development.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of health care and or pharmaceutical industry
- Minimum of 3 years field sales experience in the device industry with surgical experience strongly preferred
- 2 - 3 years of sales training experience preferred, not required
- 2 - 3 years project management experience, healthcare preferred, not required
Essential Skills, Experience, and Competencies (includes Licenses, Credentials)
- Be positive role model
- Exhibit a high degree of technical expertise and business acumen
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adhere to a rigorous work ethic and training program
- Continuously assesses training and development needs of the field force and coordinates training resources, personnel and contract services to ensure the long-term development of the Facial Aesthetics team
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- Have demonstrated ability to form, lead and facilitate integrated teams and individuals.
- Exhibits high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing environment.
- Have strong platform style with proven ability to make group presentations at district/regional/national meetings and to major customers.
- Have strong organization, scheduling, planning and prioritizing abilities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to develop key strategies and execute
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Ability to drive a car with a valid driver’s license
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 75 % of the Time
Job Level Code
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.