Director, Late Stage Partnering
Director, Late Stage Partnering
Ipsen Bioscience, Inc.
Do you have a track record of successfully securing deals as a lead negotiator in biopharma?
As Director, Late Stage Partnering you will deliver on ambitious goals to establish solid late stage Oncology, Neuroscience, and Rare Diseases pipeline. While reporting directly to the VP, Head of Late Stage Partnering, you will be responsible for the activities from identification of targets in collaboration with External Innovation, due diligence and execution of late stage Oncology, Neuroscience, and Rare Diseases BD opportunities. You will work with the VP, Head of Late Stage Partnering, to ensure BD opportunities and transactions are aligned with Ipsen's overall corporate strategy as well as needs of the Oncology, Neuroscience, and Rare Diseases franchises. In this role, you will sustain close working relationship with internal stakeholders and members of the Global Partnering team to coordinate sourcing and progression of all business development projects, as well as with the Global R&D team to ensure fit with Ipsen's priorities. As Director, Late Stage Partnering you will be directly involved in establishing a robust reputation for Ipsen in BD overall and increase Ipsen's partner-of-choice visibility for Oncology, Neuroscience, and Rare Diseases globally.
- Manage due diligence and structure and negotiate transactions, including in/out- licensing deals, product acquisitions, strategic partnerships and M&A in Oncology, Neuroscience, and Rare Diseases, focused on late stage assets that will enhance the company's portfolio.
- Collaborate with VP, Head of Late Stage Partnering and stakeholder functions (including but not limited to country/regional leadership, Commercial Franchises, R&D, IP, Finance, Legal, Manufacturing and Corporate Strategy) to:
- (a) Align BD strategy & goals for late stage assets that are aligned with overall business/corporate strategy and objectives
- (b) Ensure high-quality due diligences
- (c) Execute value-add deals
- Participate in contract negotiations and work with stakeholder functions to ensure high-quality contracts are negotiated and executed to protect future interests of Ipsen's business.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of corporate BD through analysis of evolving market and R&D/competitive landscape in Oncology, Neuroscience, and Rare Diseases BD opportunities and provide concise and accurate updates and documentations to senior management for deal review and decision-making.
- Deliver accurate and timely updates, and provide customized support to the VP, Head of Late Stage Partnering for regular review and decision making at senior management level.
- Maintain professional relationships with potential strategic partners and network with external companies and advisers in the industry including regular attendance at appropriate conferences and other industry events.
In return, you will bring:
- Master's degree in Science
- Advanced post-graduate degrees including Masters, Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biology or Medicine ideal; or Master's in Finance or MBA desirable
- Top performing business development leadership with minimum of 8-10 years industry experience from a global top biotech or medium-sized pharma company and bring broad experience of BD in the R&D and commercial context.
- Experience in deal sheet, including in- and out-licensing, M&A, product acquisitions/divestments, and strategic partnerships. With strong business and strategic acumen, you are experienced at structuring biopharma deal making.
- Ability to manage complex deals and perform solid market, company and product analysis and due diligence.
- Proven project management and workflow delegation skills and good awareness of the biopharma ecosystem including the deal- making landscape.
- A track record of successfully securing deals as a lead negotiator and excellent relationship and networking skills.
- Ideally, international experience and truly understand the investor and biopharma market. Sensitivity to (and familiarity with) the European and French business culture is an advantage.
If this sounds like your next opportunity to make immediate business impact, apply today!
IPSEN is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.