R&D Project Manager
Thank you for your interest in a career at Senti Biosciences. Our mission is to create a new generation of smarter medicines that outmaneuver complex diseases in ways previously inconceivable. We are passionate about designing gene circuits to improve the "intelligence" of cell and gene therapies in order to enhance their therapeutic effectiveness against a broad range of diseases that conventional medicines are unable to address.
At Senti, we find purpose and meaning knowing that our efforts have the potential to improve the lives of patients and their families with more effective and safer treatment options. With science as our foundation and empathy as our key guiding principle, colleagues become friends, managers become mentors, and with time, cancer becomes history.
We're seeking an experienced Project Manager to partner with project leads to create project plan, coordinate critical activities, track project progress and timeline. This role is highly cross-functional and broadly engaged across the organization. The project manager will drive projects through key development milestones, decision points and will be responsible for keeping the projects on schedule and within budget.
- Oversee and manage the effective coordination and facilitation of team meetings from a project management perspective with a focus on cross-functional integrated activities spanning Technical POC through Development Candidate Selection and IND fling.
- Work closely with Program Team Lead and cross-functional teams to efficiently develop asset profile for product candidate that will make a meaningful difference to patients in need.
- Create and maintain project documentation including agenda, minutes, action items, dashboards, goals and milestones.
- Facilitate robust communication throughout cross-functional departments to ensure all functional are aware of changes in strategy and impacts to risks and resources.
- Communicate expectations clearly and lead by example in a fast paced and fun environment
- Bachelor's degree required (preferably with Masters, PhD or MD)
- 5-7 years biotech industry experience, including 2-4 years of direct project management experience, ideally in cell therapy
- Clear strategic thinking, quantitative and qualitative analysis, and planning/organizational capabilities
- Excellent attention to detail, good interpersonal skills, and strong written and verbal communications
- Exceptional project management skills and experience managing multiple projects.
- Ability to drive problem solving, decision making and issue resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a multi-functional team
Salary and Benefits
- Base pay and stock options to be determined based on application qualifications with the aim of being competitive with similar roles in the area
- Significant growth opportunity as the company expands
Senti Bio is a leading gene circuit company designing gene circuits to create a new generation of "smarter medicines" and enhance the therapeutic effectiveness of cell and gene therapies against a broad range of diseases that are unaddressed by current standards of care. We are proud to count Leaps by Bayer, NEA, 8VC, Matrix Partners China, Mirae Asset Capital, Amgen Ventures, Intel Capital, Ridgeback Capital, Lux Capital, KB Investment, Pear VC, Smilegate Investment, Menlo Ventures, LifeSci Venture Partners, Alexandria Venture Investments, Allen & Company, LifeForce Capital, Omega Funds, Nest.Bio, Gaingels, Noveus Capital, and Goodman Capital among our investors. Senti Bio is based in South San Francisco, CA, USA.