Lead Bioprocess Associate - 3rd Shift (Relocation Assistance/Signing Bonus)
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Lead BioProcess Associate position reports to The Sr Manager Manufacturing at Emergent Manufacturing Operations Baltimore (EMOB). Prior experience in GMP manufacturing, operation of GMP process equipment and aseptic technique are prerequisites.
This position is Third-Shift, Tuesday - Saturday.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operates pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment such as: incubators, wave reactors, single-use bioreactors, depth filtration skids, TFF skids, chromatography skids, single-use mixers and in process testing equipment
- Demonstrates, understands and adheres to Emergent policies, GMP standards and safety procedures
- Informs Supervisor on progress of projects, transfer of data, process details, etc.
- Executes batch records according to GMP and site quality standards
- Generates Batch Records, SOPs and Protocols as required
- Responds to off-hour alarms as assigned by the Manager Manufacturing
- Executes manufacturing cleanroom changeover and activation
- Supports Validation, Engineering and Facilities personnel in start-up, testing and operation of manufacturing process equipment
- Supports Emergent QA during audits and regulatory inspections
- Supports other manufacturing process teams and other EMOB groups as necessary to achieve Manufacturing team goals
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- High School diploma required, BS preferred
- Minimum 4 years of GMP pharmaceutical experience
- Hands-on experience with the installation, operation, cleaning and maintenance of pharmaceutical GMP equipment
- Computer literate (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.