Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I: Job Summary
The Manufacturing Supervisor position reports to the Manager, Manufacturing at the Bayview (EMOB) campus. Prior experience in cGMP manufacturing, operation of process equipment and aseptic technique is prerequisites. The Manufacturing Supervisor will provide day to day oversight of the cleaning contractors; including scheduling activities, overseeing training and providing input regarding personnel changes. The Manufacturing Supervisor will actively perform activities and monitor activities in the cGMP manufacturing areas.
II: Essential Functions
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs and monitors day to day manufacturing operation activities and verifies compliant execution with cGMP standards and procedures from the cGMP manufacturing areas.
- Demonstrates, understands and adheres to Emergent policies, GMP standards and safety procedures
- Identify and appropriately escalate issues that require decisional activity in order to keep routing operations, projects and initiatives on schedule.
- Responds to off-hour alarms as assigned by the Manufacturing Management team.
- Secure collaboration and support of manufacturing initiatives from required support departments.
- Generates Batch Records, SOP’s and other controlled documentation as assigned by the Manufacturing Management Team.
- Provide resources and subject matter expert (SME) input to support continuous improvement, capital and corporate initiatives.
- Ensure personnel fully support compliance-based activities by maintaining current training requirements.
- Coordinates daily tasks with managers and ensures completion.
- Supports other process teams as necessary to achieve site and corporate goals.
- Ensure the ongoing validated state of cGMP manufacturing processes as it relates to process performance.
- Partner with Quality Assurance to ensure the highest level of compliance with cGMP with respect to the storage, use and documentation activities associated with the manufacture of bulk and finished product.
- Actively supports the internal audit program as a means of driving continuous improvement throughout Manufacturing.
- Ensure department compliance with all cGMP regulations as well as other areas of mandatory regulatory oversight.
- Participate in and provide SME resources to support all regulatory audits and technical discussions.
- Real time, on the floor, Batch Production Record review.
- Actively participate in the installation, operation, cleaning and maintenance of bio-pharmaceutical cGMP equipment.
Culture Management and Employee Development:
- Support corporate culture initiatives. Work effectively with peer management to build team relationships.
- Actively support Management Development programs through regular attendance, active participation in meetings, and implementation of concepts and principles in department management.
- Establish and maintain routine management tools and standards to assure that direct reports are utilizing common tools to track resources, time coding, and performance.
- Ensure successful IPMP process execution to drive consistency between company/department goals and objectives and day-to-day business operations.
- Effectively build and maintain working relationships between Manufacturing Operations and support departments.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
III: Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific/engineering discipline or equivalent related experience in cGMP biologics/pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Minimum of 4 years of cGMP bio-pharmaceutical experience with a minimum of 1 year of supervision/demonstrated leadership
- Knowledge of cGMP and CFR requirements.
- Strong communication skills: oral/written and listening.
- Knowledge of SAP or equivalent ERP system
- Personal Competencies: Self-awareness, Integrity, Team player, Creative, Highly Motivated.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.