Management Trainee Quality
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Job Description Summary
Ability to relocate within the states of Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico or Utah. is REQUIRED. Relocation assistance provided.
Please note: This is a management trainee role. If hired, you will be in this position for approximately 6 to 7 months with the expectation that you will relocate with a promotion to an open Assistant Manager position. We have over 285+ centers across the country. In addition, you will be required to travel to our Pinellas Park, FL and/or Las Vegas, NV training sites for approximately 5 weeks, typically 1-2 weeks at a time.
All candidates must be open to relocation (a company relocation program is included). You are encouraged to begin considering openings approximately 6 months after starting your training. After completion of training, travel will likely be required until you have secured an Assistant Manager position. If you have not applied and been promoted to an Assistant Manager position within a maximum of 9 months, CSL Plasma may assign you to a location with the requirement to relocate. Failure to relocate or failure to complete the training program successfully as scheduled may result in demotion or termination, at CSL Plasma's sole discretion.
1. Collaborate with Center Management to ensure the day-to-day activities of Center operations are compliant with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and applicable federal and local regulations.
2. Learn and understand all Center financial responsibilities including annual budgets and monthly financial analysis. Collaborate with Center Management in collecting and analyzing KPI’s to support continuous improvement and meet Center established production goals. Learn to collect and analyze data to maintain and improve Center quality, efficiency and profitability.
3. Assist Center Management in ensuring Center is “inspection ready” at all times and customer requirements meet the safety of donors and employees including compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) regulations.
4. Learn and understand Company SOP’s and applicable federal and local regulations, develop capabilities in performing nearly all staff tasks and duties at a proficiency level adequate for training and critiquing employees in the performance of those tasks and duties.
5. Develop skills to manage Center staff, including assisting Center Management with recruiting of staff, interviewing and selection of staff, and training of staff. Participate as witness when Center Management delivers staff counseling, including corrective actions and terminations, 45/90 day reviews and year-end performance appraisals.
6. Work with Management to understand efficient donor flow throughout the Center, identify problem areas, and advise Management of ER issues or escalated donor issues.
7. Under the supervision of the Assistant Quality Manager and/or ADOQ, participate in audits, investigations and deviations to determine root cause, correction/preventive actions and effectiveness checks. Make recommendations for remedial actions to resolve audit observations and other non-compliance issues or deficiencies.
8. Collaborates with Assistant Quality Manager and/or ADOQ to develop quality programs in order to streamline center processes while maintaining compliance and quality.
9. Maintain a clean, efficient work environment. Learn inventory requirements; occasionally walk through facility to ensure operating supplies and inventory are available.
10. Ensure accurate recording of donor data in the electronic donor information management system as outlined in the SOPs.
11. Familiarize with all marketing and advertising to ensure programs effectively deliver desired results. Make recommendations to Center Management as needed to improve effectiveness.
12. Develop excellent customer service skills. Provide a model of good customer service to employees. Communicate openly to customers. Learn to effectively resolve customer complaints and concerns.
13. Must be able to complete leadership development program and be able to relocate within 6-7 months.
14. May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the business.
15. Maintain confidentiality of all staff, donor and center information.
16. Perform other duties, as assigned, to support business needs.
17. A fully trained Management trainee who has completed all of their technical and leadership training may provide Quality coverage.
Bachelor's degree preferred
Equivalent combination of education and professional work experience required
If no degree, must have equivalent combination of education and professional work experience, including a minimum of 1-year supervisory, leadership experience responsible for overseeing the activities of others.
Maintain company Technical Training certification
Knowledge of ever-changing and complex government and industry regulations and ability to monitor compliance with these regulations
Proficient in English
Bilingual, Spanish a plus
Shares information with internal contacts with common desire to reach a solution
Ability to make decisions which have moderate impact on immediate work unit
Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe equipment operation
Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100% of time
Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures and to blood borne pathogens
Exposure to human source products and various chemicals including isopropyl, ethyl alcohol, carbon dioxide, iodine, bleach, germicide solution, etc.
Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing specific tasks or in certain areas
Required to work with the public who may be occasionally dissatisfied
Attention to detail and ability to follow written and verbal directions required
Frequently required to make and accept modifications to working processes and procedures as directed by SOP
Overnight travel required up to 10% of the time
CSL offers the following benefits for this full-time position, most are effective the first day of hire: Options for health care benefits, including choices of plans for medical and prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage; Company-provided basic life insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability; the option to participate in CSL’s 401(k) Savings Program; Paid Time Off (PTO) for use in connection with vacations, illness, and other personal business; and paid observed holidays as designated by the Company.