Global Market Research Lead - Hematology
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
In this role as Global Market Research Lead – Hematology, you will be the main point of contact for Hematology Global Commercial Development team responsible for leading, integrating and translating market research insights into opportunities and strategies that shape decisions and drive organizational action. You will be closely partnering with Global marketing teams within Hematology TA to proactively plan, design and lead market research activities to provide deep customer and market insights. The position requires leveraging insights from patient, HCP, and other customers and stakeholders to inform and shape critical decisions for Hematology Global commercial development (GCD) teams.
As Global Market Research Lead, you will support upcoming exciting launch of EtranaDez (gene therapy) in Hemophilia B as well as other in-line brands in Hematology TA. The scope of this role is global and entails close and diligent collaboration across a variety of functional areas including Global commercial development, Regional commercial lead and operations, and Regulatory among other disciplines.
The ideal candidate must be able to integrate, synthesize and analyze both quantitative and qualitative information from multiple primary or secondary sources into key actionable insights and recommendations that are relevant and timely for product commercialization and related initiatives. The ideal candidate must be passionate about market research and supporting brand strategy, and excited to work in a fast-paced environment.
An entrepreneurial and curious mindset and a drive to grow with the position are pivotal considerations.
You will work with Hematology Global Marketing team to proactively identify, plan, design and lead global market research initiatives relating to launch readiness of EtranaDez and identification of opportunities to grow in line portfolio. Specifically, you will be required to …
- Collaborate with business partners in a matrix organization to clearly understand key business questions and research objectives to design and implement research initiatives
- Develop robust market research plans addressing key business needs of Hematology in-line portfolio and new products.
- Design and conduct primary market research in global markets and collaborate with GCIA partners on incorporating third party data when appropriate to support research findings.
- Identify and lead/direct market research vendors in a variety of research activities; Responsible for timely initiation and completion of projects, designing the methodology, presenting actionable insights
- Effectively orchestrate and execute a large number of projects while looking to continuously improve quality of insights and process efficiencies
- Strive to bring innovative methodologies to uncover deeper customer insights
- Demonstrate creativity and agility in research approach and timing to accommodate changing business needs
- Integrate and synthesize market research findings into insights, opportunities and strategies that shape decisions and drive organizational action for in-line and pipeline products
- Provide concise analyses that go beyond a presentation of the facts to include a discussion of the associated business implications and recommended course of action
- Collaborate with Global marketing leads and Global Forecasting team to provide key inputs and rationale required to support robust global forecasts and stage gate decisions
- Partner with Global commercial development leads and serve as an internal strategic consultant to key stakeholders
- Provide robust situation analysis required for global strategic brand planning
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BA/BS required; Master’s (or other advanced degree) in a related area such as an MBA or MMR (Masters of Marketing Research) is preferred.
- 7-10 years of business related experience. Minimum of 5+ years in primary market research/ analytics role required. Some travel required.
- Business/market experience and pharmaceutical or biotech industry knowledge is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated expertise in a variety of primary market research techniques (both quantitative & qualitative) with ability to independently advise, execute and deliver research related recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate and leverage insights and analytics, synthesize and communicate insights for multiple audiences
- Demonstrate strong business acumen, excellent communication skills and ability to succinctly express point view using both written and verbal communications.
- Experience in supporting new product launch a plus
- Demonstrated work experience across multi-disciplinary / cross functional teams.
- Experience in rare diseases a plus.
- Self-driven attitude with drive to grow with the position and functional area.