Sr. Manager (Capital Project Engineering)
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Operating under the general guidance of the Director of Engineering this role provides managerial direction and technical leadership of 5-10 project engineers/managers to manage the site’s $20-30m capital portfolio, excluding larger Tier 1 Projects. This role will lead the scoping, estimating, design, construction, startup, commissioning and qualification of building and process systems for Tier 2 and Tier 3 projects which tend to be less than $5m each. The role includes financial tracking and reporting of all Tier level capital projects, developing and managing the annual site 10 year capital plan, department expense budgets, ensuring compliance with company standards, and managing and development of staff.Major Attributes:
- Established strategic direction and in-depth technical expertise and oversight of assigned staff.
- Exhibits strong leadership and organizational planning skills. Responsible to mentor and development staff technically and professionally. Supports efforts across multiple areas to accomplish goals, providing guidance and influencing the organization
- Develops and cascades functional deliverables in alignment with the site objectives, providing clear vision of goals and tangible results
- Provides clear and effective communication (written and oral) to internal staff and external stakeholders. Interfaces across management levels and departments
- Develops site annual 10 year capital plan in collaboration with functional areas and executes projects according to plan
- Provides monthly capital portfolio financial reporting above site in collaboration with Finance lead
- Oversight of engineering design, construction, start-up, commissioning and validation as well as supporting factory acceptance tests and site acceptance tests required. Ensures planning and scheduling of these activities are accurate and monitored. Leads collaboration across disciplines and the Seqirus network for peer reviews
- Manages multiple work streams and prioritizes initiatives to be assigned to resources
- Develops and delivers to schedule and budget. Responsible for budgeting, monitoring, forecasting, and reporting cost and schedule
- Manages vendors and contracts including system vendors, engineering, commissioning, and contract staff.
- Provides operational excellence support using KPIs and metrics to ensure project targets are met
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles and practices outside of area of discipline expertise
- Bachelors degree or higher in related Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience required. 10+ years preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of engineering management at department level within the Biotech or Pharmaceutical manufacturing sector required.
- Experience executing individual capital projects up to $15m and portfolio management of projects up to $20-30m annually
- Proven leadership of 5-10 project engineers/managers utilizing both direct and contract labor in a matrix environment.
- Thorough working knowledge of cGMPs, FDA regulatory guidelines, and validation principles required.
- Working knowledge of capital planning and management process, AE/CM management, construction, and commissioning.