HTS Team Supervisor
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You'll Make
Your work as part of our High Throughput Screening (HTS) team will significantly increase the speed of our drug discovery platform and will help us achieve our mission of decoding biology to radically improve lives.
As an HTS Team Lead, you'll help identify drug candidates by completing thousands of high-content screens per year. On a daily basis, you will draw upon basic molecular biology techniques and work with computer-controlled automated laboratory instrumentation to conduct experiments in 384- and 1536-well microplates. You will provide direction to employees according to established standard operating policies and management guidance. You will also administer company policies that directly affect subordinate employees. You will work on issues where analysis of situation or data requires review of relevant factors and exercises within defined procedures to determine appropriate action. As a shift lead, you will also review work to measure meeting of goals. You can expect to work on multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced and exciting environment.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Accomplish essential experiments with careful attention to detail, consistency, and documentation.
- Work with our biological and computational science teams to develop the most efficient path to success across all of our laboratory assays.
- Grow your knowledge base and learn about new approaches and techniques in Molecular Biology and Data Science.
- Manage team members through fulfilling assignments and team goals
The Team You'll Join You will join a high performing and mission-focused team in the Core Operations department and you will work closely with our high throughput screening platform. This is a dynamic group of people who are tenacious in problem solving and are rigorous in challenging the status quo. It is also an incredibly collaborative environment.
The Experience You'll Need
- A Bachelor degree or similar in a biological field
- Experience managing teams, preferably as a supervisor or team lead
- Proficiency in molecular biology concepts and assays
- Experience working with automated computer-controlled laboratory instrumentation
- Some comfort with computational tools is desirable (we embrace the efficiency that comes with using computers)
- The ability to think on your feet. We're looking for individuals who know when they need to ask for help/insights from their teammates, but can also figure most things out for themselves when needed
- A passion for working in a fast-paced startup culture where you'll use creativity to find answers wherever you can
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs**
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.