Director Global Network and Voice Engineering
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Provide leadership to deliver technology strategies that support business goals. This will have impact and influence supporting the global data network and voice services. Build a collaborative partnership with technology, functional domain stakeholders, and BTO’s. Deliver comprehensive technology salutation that address global and prioritized business problems, growth requirements and innovation needs.
- Strategy & Influence: Works with domain senior leadership and makes contributions to develop strategy. Adapts and executes domain strategic plans.
- Process Improvement & amp; Optimization: Drive opportunities to improve process and/or technology.
- Decisions & amp; Policies: Makes key decisions that are guided by established strategies and priorities. Influences operating policies and procedures that affect the domain. Interprets enterprise-wide policies, processes, and procedures that may affect teams and domain workflow.
- People Management: Manages a team(s) of managers and senior managers who have significant latitude and autonomy in their assignments.
- Impact: Make decisions that are long lasting and heavily influence the future sources of the business and/or technology domain.
- Resource Management: Responsible for making contributions to the develop of the domain resource management strategy and organizational structure.
- Liaison @ amp; Relationship Building: Builds collaborative relationships and effectively interacts frequently with business and/or technology senior leaders. Interactions focus on project and operational decisions. Interacts well with diverse groups within function and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Culture: Consistently demonstrates AbbVie’s Ways of Working and Leadership Attributes including an enterprise mindset and people leadership. Effectively manages performance, provides timely feedback, appropriately rewards and recognizes valuable achievement, develops talent, and creates a succession pipeline. Understand and execute AbbVie’s vision, goals, and strategies. This role has accountability for the performance and results strategically important functions.
- Allergan: Will continue to have full responsibility for all existing services that were supported at L-AGN upon close/integration of the two companies (estimated Q2 2023).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and 10+ years of experience. Master’s degree with 9 years’ experience; PhD with 5 years’ experience. Pharmaceutical industry experience is also preferred.
- Effectively connects employee and BTS functional goals to business and/or overall AbbVie goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proven ability to drive outstanding employee performance and engagement through developing, coaching, motivating, energizing and inspiring team members.
- Experience managing teams of at least 10 people with a resource mix of managers, team leads, employees, matrixed teams, virtual teams, contractors, partners, and managed service providers.
- Ability to communicate problems in terms that are understandable to BTS Leadership and end users at all levels.
- Subject matter expert in technology and/or business domain.
- Experience managing a budget of at least $60 million.
- Experience in technology operation, strategy, planning, and engineering/implementation and/or relevant business domain preferred.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.