Program Manager, Commercial BTS
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
As part of the BTS US Commercial Business Management Office, the Commercial BTS Program Manager will partner together with Commercial BTS functions to deliver business results.
Define, lead, execute, and manage high visibility programs in alignment with BTS and Business management. Expedite, manage, and coordinate a multitude of interrelated projects within the constraints of human and financial resources and changing priorities to ensure the successful completion of the program. Ensure individual project teams are collaborating on dependencies and status to realize expected business outcomes.
Initial assignment will be working with the U.S. Commercial Brand Technology organization as a Brand Technology Digital Program Manager. The BTS (IT) Brand Technology Digital Program Manager will provide business and technical program management for key strategic initiatives supporting the brand team. This role will work closely with internal groups and external third-party service providers to establish program/project plans which considers critical tasks, durations, and dependencies. The Program Manager is expected to be autonomous in management of meetings, solicitation of agendas, distribution of meeting minutes, tracking completion of action items and regular updates on program/project status. Effectively work with business functions like Sales, Marketing, Customer Experience, and Marketing Analytics to drive for results. Act as liaison between Functional Leads and Workstream PMs (Agency & AbbVie) as it pertains to all the activities related to the Program. Drive process improvements across Brand Technology Digital capabilities.
- Initiate and Plan Program: Leads program goal definition, objectives, and deliverables. Works with business and senior IT management to gain consensus.
- Program Control: Assess the degree to which changes to scope, issues and risks will affect the program working with business and senior/executive IT management and sponsor to gain agreement for resolution. Measure performance to assure the program is progressing as compared to original plan and budget.
- Issue and Risk Management: Facilitate the collection, tracking, closure of program issues and risks. Advise and assist team members to drive closure or mitigate key risks.
- Executing and Closing Program: Leads project managers and teams in developing and executing a program plan ensuring that authorized resources are obtained to make certain that all activities are performed. Gather lessons learned and obtain final program approval from sponsor and stakeholders.
- Program Communication: Communicate program progress by producing program reports to provide timely and accurate program status and decision support information to business and IT senior/executive management. Makes recommendations based on current program status to resolve issues.
- Resource and Team Management: Coordinate resources in a matrix environment to ensure program and business needs are addressed through proactive priority management with business and executive IT management. Supervises, motivates, and mentors project managers and technical leads across the program’s project work streams.
- Financial Management: Establishes and manages program financials across forecasts, actuals, and accruals. Obtains estimates including vendors.
- Ensure program and project teams operate in compliance with applicable Corporate policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree with 8 years experience; Master's Degree with 7 years experience; PhD with 3 years experience.
- Experience in consulting, program management, business systems analysis, software development or deployment, and experience managing projects
- Self-starter who has demonstrated effective decision making
- Experienced in working in a matrixed collaborative environment
- Proven communication skills, both written and verbal with Business and IT across all levels of management
- Significant experience in conducting steering committee meetings and preparing updates
- Strong leadership competence, with proven skills in managing change
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with ability to build consensus and develop solid relationships
- Experience with cultural, organizational, technology and business process change effort
- Proven Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word skills
- Ability to work on-site at the AbbVie Office in Mettawa, IL
- Strong analysis and analytical skills
- Financial acumen
- Proven track record of effective project leadership and positive results
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities
- Demonstrated experience in managing large enterprise programs of various types
- Master’s degree in business, IT, or related discipline
- Experience with IT Suppliers and Marketing Agencies
- Working knowledge of IT pricing and contracting practices
- PMP/PgMP Certification
- Pharmaceutical experience
- PPM Tool experience (e.g., Clarity)
- Microsoft Teams experience
- SmartSheet experience
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.