AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
A maintenance professional that designs preventative/predictive maintenance job plans, supports equipment troubleshooting, leads maintenance or equipment-based root cause investigations, and documents maintenance procedures, primarily on qualified, cGMP-use utilities.
This position is involved in supporting the maintenance strategy through detailed failure mode analysis and preventative maintenance across multiple disciplines including electrical, instrumentation, and mechanical. The Maintenance Engineer is expected to guide Maintenance Technicians on proper maintenance methods.
This role will identify risk to qualified and non-qualified utilities and drive continuous improvement.
- Troubleshoot site qualified utility systems, including purified water, steam generation, compressed air, and electrical power used in the biologics manufacturing process.
- Lead review and optimization of utility system Preventative Maintenance (PM)
- Support capital projects to upgrade utility equipment by advising Project Managers on reliability, maintainability, and use of utility equipment
- Independently plans and conducts small- to medium-size assigned projects within engineering specialty requiring conventional types of plans, investigations, and/or equipment. The Maintenance Engineer leverages deep understanding of mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation systems to support the overall preventative maintenance strategy.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable policies and procedures. Leads non-conformance investigations on equipment or maintenance method related failures.
- Manages the workflow for both demand and preventative maintenance in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Authors maintenance job plans and standard operating procedures (SOP’s) for use by other Maintenance Technicians.
- Complies with all regulations and standards for quality, Environmental, Health, Safety, and Energy (EHS&E) Global Policies, Engineering Standards, and other governance areas as applicable.
•A Bachelors Degree in Engineering, science or closely related discipline is desired, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence, with a desired 2+ years of significant engineering and/or operational experience. Additional post-graduate education may contribute towards the desired years of experience.
•Has demonstrated competency within a discipline.
•Possesses a working technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures. Ability to work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Demonstrates judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
•Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
•Listens to and understands others' points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one's own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations.
•Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment.
•Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
•Has a technical background in health care, medical devices, pharmaceutical, biologics, or similar industries (preferred).
Engineering Management Operations Management EH&S Management R&D Management
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.