Associate Manager, Market Research
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Associate Marketing Research Manager will manage and analyze marketing research for the designated therapeutic area(s). The individual will derive insights from primary and secondary research, and partner with their MABI Manager and commercial team to inform decision-making around brand strategies and tactics.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Project manages all research activity supporting the needs of the therapy area.
- Understands the steps for project start and management understands the technical issues around sample design, questionnaire design and data analysis.
- Can manage a project from start to finish and develop insights, hypotheses, and other intelligence from the research project.
- Works closely with the manager to distill and communicate meaningful results and decision making intelligence to the therapy area.
- Collaborate with marketing research team members to identify and bring innovative custom research approaches to the organization.
- Maintain organizational knowledge of market and competitive trends and industry developments and effectively communicate this knowledge to internal stakeholders.
- Works towards developing a solid understanding of industry secondary data and syndicated sources and their strengths and weaknesses.
- Analyze market and brand trends and performance for all Franchise markets.
- Capture and communicate these trends/performance dynamics via management and publication of weekly and monthly reporting.
- Builds solid relationships as a team player, while maintaining objectivity and lack of bias to represent the voice of the customer.
- Monitor and manage marketing research programs within budget and identify opportunities for cost savings where appropriate.
- Ensure all marketing research activities are conducted in accordance with financial and ethical compliance guidelines.
- BA or BS degree required.
- 4-5 years relevant marketing research experience.
- Analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, strong business acumen, and creativity in problem solving.
- Ability to interact and present effectively (verbally and in writing)
- Proven experience as an integral member of a high performing work team.
- MBA or MA preferred. Degree concentration in marketing research or marketing is a strong plus.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.