Category Advisor, People & Benefits
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Qualified individuals will be able to work in one of the following AbbVie office locations: Madison NJ, Lake County IL, South San Francisco CA or Irvine CA.
The Category Advisor will actively support the development and implementation of strategies associated with our People & Benefits and Fleet Management categories. The role will work closely with the HR and Travel teams across multiple sites delivering value and cost-optimization opportunities, capturing cost-savings/reductions, and improving financial and operational performance.
- Work with the Category Manager to optimize related areas of spend for procurement activities and/or the sourcing process
- Implement short term and long-term cost reduction strategies established by management and work with high ethical standard, in compliance with the law and the AbbVie policies and procedures
- Develop supplier base to expand business, improve financials, reduce in-house / total costs, improve quality (customer satisfaction), customer relations, and on-time deliveries
- Identify potential vendors and implement strategy: RFP / RFI / RFQ / Pricing Auction. Responsible for running local tenders, aligned with direction from respective Category Manager
- Develop and write all sourcing event documents, using existing templates and ensure compliance with relevant policies, procedures and regulations
- Improve supplier service levels by integrating agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI). Secures financial / saving reports
- Perform and collect due diligence information required for evaluating and approving new suppliers, in line with the Preferred Supplier Networks
- Data analysis and administrative support for Procurement projects and supplier management (supplier metrics and research, master data, market based analysis, pricing analysis, monthly/quarterly reporting of KPI’s, savings reporting)
- Collaborate with legal to draft contracts while keeping close contact with respective suppliers to ensure timely completion and execution of agreements. Must leverage data from multiple sources and systems to support the negotiation process
- Work in partnership with sourcing colleagues to negotiate or renegotiate deals and contracts with supplier to include pricing and delivery schedules, while ensuring supplier risk management and compliance guidelines and protocols are followed
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of procurement/negotiations experience in the pharmaceutical industry is desired.
- Required: Strong knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Ability to lead communication strategy to all team members, stakeholders, management, and suppliers.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to generate insights and drive action.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.