Senior Research Associate, Cellular Pharmacology
Summary:Bolt Biotherapeutics, an exciting and fast-paced startup developing immune-stimulating antibody conjugates (ISACS) for various cancers, is seeking a highly motivated and energetic cell culture SRA. This individual will be primarily responsible for in vitro cell culture activities supporting the Immunology & Pharmacology department and will be instrumental in assuring the reliability and consistency of cell lines used throughout our organization. Strong candidates will have > 10 years expertise in culturing and banking a broad spectrum of cell lines and primary cells. Experience with isolation of PBMC and other cell subsets from blood is highly desirable. Exemplary attention to detail, organizational, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills are required for this position. The ideal candidate will possess a passion for drug discovery and have a vision and drive to achieve company and personal goals.
Responsibilities:Responsibilities to include, but are not limited to:
• Work in a team-oriented environment to support the pre-clinical assessment and development of novel immunotherapeutics.
• Thaw, culture, expand, maintain and document tumor cell lines as required
• Harvest and prepare large quantities of cells for our department when requested
• Prepare cell culture media and other reagents
• Develop and maintain master and working frozen cell banks for all cell lines used by In Vivo team
• Routinely perform or outsource quality control measures such as mycoplasma testing and STR profiling for cell line authentication
• Maintain ELN with detailed records of work performed
• Keep trackable logs of lot numbers and expiration dates for cells, reagents and medium used
• Generate SOPs as needed
• Identify issues and record troubleshooting steps
• Perform or assist with blood processing procedures and cell-based assays as needed.
• Perform other related duties as neededThis is a research position that requires working in a laboratory environment with hazardous chemicals. Protective clothing, gloves and safety glasses are required while working in the lab. This position requires the ability to lift containers or instruments (up to 25 pounds) and work standing at a fume hood or lab bench for extended periods.
• Bachelor’s degree in Immunology, Molecular and Cellular Biology, or related field.
• 10 years of experience working in biotechnology and a proven track record of executing cell culture procedures with consistently successful outcomes
• Experience in isolation of PBMC and other immune cell subsets from blood is a plus
• Must be highly trained in sterile technique
• Excellent record-keeping and organizational skills
• Keenly observant and makes data-driven decisions
• Proficiency in an inventory software or Laboratory Information Management system (LIMS) is highly desired
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Power point, Word, Excel) or similar is required
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced research environment.
• Must be able to work flexible hours (some weekends and holidays may be necessary)
Who We Are:
Bolt Biotherapeutics, based in the San Francisco Bay Area, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing Boltbody™ Immune-stimulating Antibody Conjugates (ISACs), a new class of immuno-oncology therapeutics that have eliminated tumors following systemic administration in preclinical studies while also developing immunological memory, which may lead to more durable clinical responses for patients. This is a unique opportunity to join and build, with like-minded colleagues, a company that will transform the lives of individuals with cancers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.