Scientific Researcher/ Scientist I, Cellular Pharmacology
The Position:Bolt Biotherapeutics has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Scientist. This individual will lead and develop cellular assays to model the activity and tolerability of ISACs and actively contribute to IND- enabling activities that support our immuno-oncology pipeline. Strong candidates will be creative, collaborative, and passionate about drug discovery and development. Expertise in tumor immunology as well as tissue culture experience with primary human immune cell isolation and flow cytometry methods are highly desirable. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, implementation and analysis of in vitro assays that model the activity of novel immuno-oncology therapeutics. Their efforts, both experimentally and as a strategic team member, will directly support decision making for pipeline programs as they progress from early research through an IND and into the clinic. This position will report directly to the Cellular Pharmacology lead within the Immunology & Pharmacology department.
• Serve on internal project teams and provide scientific expertise to support design and strategy behind in vitro pharmacology packages. Serve as the cellular pharmacology team lead when appropriate and coordinate the execution and reporting of assays.
• Effectively communicate strategy, methodology and progress to key stakeholders, including Bolt’s senior executives.
• Develop and perform human and non-human primate primary cell-based assays to model the activity and tolerability of novel immunotherapeutics in vitro.
• Generate IND-enabling data and author technical reports on safety assays for regulatory filings on Bolt pipeline programs.
• Work in a team-oriented environment to support the pre-clinical assessment and development of novel immunotherapeutics.
• Perform other related duties as needed.This is a research position that requires working in a laboratory environment with hazardous chemicals. Protective clothing, gloves and safety glasses are required while working in the lab. This position requires the ability to lift containers or instruments (up to 25 pounds) and work standing at a fume hood or lab bench for extended periods.
Job Requirements include:
• Minimum of PhD in Immunology, Molecular and Cellular Biology, or related field.
• Technical expertise in cell culture and experience working with primary immune cells and isolations from whole blood and tissue.
• Proficiency in molecular and cellular techniques, such as multi-color flow cytometry, cytokine bead arrays, and ELISA-based immunoassays.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced research environment.
• 3+ years of experience in Biotech is preferred with a proven track record of success.
• Prior experience contributing to IND-enabling studies and authoring of technical reports is desirable but not required.
• Proficiency in statistical software (Graphpad Prism) and FlowJo.
Who We Are:
Bolt Biotherapeutics, based in the San Francisco Bay Area, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing Boltbody™ Immune-stimulating Antibody Conjugates (ISACs), a new class of immuno-oncology therapeutics that have eliminated tumors following systemic administration in preclinical studies while also developing immunological memory, which may lead to more durable clinical responses for patients. This is a unique opportunity to join and build, with like-minded colleagues, a company that will transform the lives of individuals with cancers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.