Scientist I, Discovery Immunology [JC-1488]
LakePharma is the leading US-based biologics contract research, development, and manufacturing organization (CRDMO). The company has developed a range of technologies and capabilities in antibody discovery, protein engineering, cell line development, protein optimization, and GMP manufacturing. With comprehensive technologies, integrated platforms, and five facilities located in key biopharma hubs on both the East and West Coast, LakePharma enables and supports the discovery and development of the biologics of tomorrow.
A Scientist in the Discovery Immunology (DI) group has the necessary technical skills using in vivo approaches and hybridoma-based technology to discover great antibodies. In this role you will be responsible for all technical aspects of antibody discovery, the execution of customized functional assays, and providing analyzed and processed data to Scientific Managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform laboratory work
- Generate, screen and maintain hybridomas
- Perform low and high throughput assays to assess hybridomas
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date laboratory notebooks and document
- Prepare written reports and protocols
- Present work product at group meetings
- Maintain the laboratory environment
- Perform general laboratory cleaning and organization
- Control the inventory of samples and materials
- Perform routine equipment maintenance
- A PhD and up to 4 years of relevant experience, or
- A MS with 4 to 8 years’ relevant experience, or
- Laboratory experience, especially with:
- Aseptic technique,
- Immunizing rodents, performing rodent euthanasia and surgery,
- Primary cell culture and hybridoma technology,
- Cell and protein-based quantitative assays, such as FACS and ELISA,
- Adept at keeping clear, detailed records
- A proactive nature, rapidly adaptable to change, with the ability to:
- Converse, read and write well in standard English, writing with clear, legible handwriting;
- Continuously improve, having a strong work ethic and exercising sound judgement and intellectual honesty;
- Follow standard operating procedures and safety protocols;
- Work well in groups, receive and give instruction, and identify, report and solve problems;
- Work to deadlines for concurrent tasks and be available during weekends and off-hours;
- Proficiency in MS Office and GraphPad Prism
- Punctuality and on-site presence
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Relevant laboratory experience, especially with:
- FACS analyses,
- Quantitative binding assays.
Work is performed in an office and laboratory environment. May be exposed to biological and chemical hazards. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 30lbs. Must be able to work while wearing personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, gloves, and lab coats deemed necessary to protect testing and to protect employees. Work is to be performed on site.
This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities. The employer reserves the right to revise key functions of this position at any time.
LakePharma is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.