Scientific Manager I, Antibody Center [JC-1486]
LakePharma is the leading US-based biologics contract research, development, and manufacturing organization (CRDMO). The company has developed a range of technologies and capabilities in antibody discovery, protein engineering, cell line development, protein optimization, and GMP manufacturing. With comprehensive technologies, integrated platforms, and five facilities located in key biopharma hubs on both the East and West Coast, LakePharma enables and supports the discovery and development of the biologics of tomorrow.
In this role, you will be an important bridge between the business and scientific worlds of biotech. You will leverage your scientific training, problem solving abilities, and communication and writing skills to provide project management excellence. Scientific Managers work closely with many groups in our organization such as sales, accounting, operations, and the scientific team. Responsibilities cover the lifespan of a project from initial inquiry and quoting stage, to providing updates and responses to clients, and ending with project closeout.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Guiding and directing a large portfolio of hybridoma-based antibody discovery campaigns, which can include high revenue FTE programs;
- Creating and editing project proposals, data summaries, and experimental reports;
- Cross-functional team project management;
- Research proposal and service contract development with department heads, commercial teams, and Legal;
- Arranging materials transfers within LakePharma and to clients
- A PhD or Master’s degree in biology, chemistry, immunology, or biochemistry is required
- 2 - 4 years’ experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry is preferred
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and ensure smooth operations and communications
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills
- Excellent interpersonal and people skills
- Assertive and proactive with excellent follow through
- Must be able to read and understand scientific literature
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Additionally, experience in customer service, account management, biologics discovery and development, and assay development are desired.
This is an office environment. Ability to stand or sit for extended period of time and perform repetitive tasks is required. Ability to lift light packages up to 10-25 lbs is required. Work is to be performed on site.
This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities. The employer reserves the right to revise key functions of this position at any time.
LakePharma is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status