Sr. Manager - SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting
BioTheryX is a privately held, clinical-stage biotech that is committed to transforming the treatment of cancer and immune disorders through the development of novel therapies that modulate disease-causing proteins. Our principal technology platform centers on targeted protein degradation with our PHM® ‘molecular glues’, which enable the design of small molecules to regulate protein equilibrium. Molecular glues can be used to either create a complex of proteins that is more stable by attaching them, giving them better functionality by gluing a diseased protein to a “regulator” protein. This technology utilizes the body’s own protein disposal system to selectively degrade and remove disease-causing proteins. We believe our technology has the potential to address a broad range of disease targets, including those that have to date been considered undruggable.
Summary of Position:
The Sr. Manager, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting will play a key role with overall accountability and responsibility for all aspects of SEC reporting, technical accounting, and SOX compliance at BioTheryX, Inc. (the "Company"). This role will coordinate and prepare all SEC filings, perform technical accounting research and prepare accounting memorandums in accordance with U.S. GAAP, maintain the internal control framework to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, and other ad-hoc duties. This role will also be the primary point of contact for external auditors and external SOX consultants to support the Company's quarterly reviews, annual audits, and tests of internal controls.
· Plan, coordinate and execute all external, SEC financial reporting processes and initiatives, including preparing annual, quarterly and periodic reports (i.e., Form 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K), and coordinating the annual proxy statement, including the related directors' and officers' questionnaires.
· Coordinate annual audit and quarterly review procedures with external auditors by maintaining PBC deliverables, including GAAP checklists, financial statement analytics, related party listings, and other items.
· Perform all technical accounting research and prepare technical accounting memos for significant contracts, transactions and implementation of new accounting standards.
· Manage SOX 404 compliance efforts, serving as the main contact for the Company's external auditors (in conjunction with the Company's external SOX consultants) to support tests of controls for business processes and ITGCs.
· Monitor ongoing performance of the Company's SOX procedures to ensure compliance with internal control framework, maintain appropriate documentation (narratives, risk matrices, etc.), and ensure remediation of testing exceptions, as necessary.
· Oversee annual risk assessment process including evaluating precision threshold levels and financial authorization policies
· Manage equity accounting efforts and coordinate with external stock admin on equity administration
· Assist with monthly accounting close duties and other ad-hoc responsibilities.
What is Required:
· CPA required, preferably with life science industry experience
· Six to ten years of accounting experience; a combination of public accounting / private industry experience is ideal with recent experience working in a public company and recent experience working with SOX 404 compliance requirements
· Substantial experience in, and working knowledge of, authoritative GAAP accounting including the composition of memos involving technical accounting and related research
· Experience working with financial reporting software preferable
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong project management abilities with ability to handle competing priorities and multi-task
What BioTheryX Offers:
· Competitive Salary
· Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan
· PPO Medical Plan
· Dental and Vision Plans
· Basic Life Insurance and AD & D Insurance at no cost to the employee
· Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance at no cost to the employee
· 401k Plan
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
BioTheryX, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.