Associate Scientist/Scientist I, Biochemical and Cellular Assays
The heart of insitro’s strategy is the development of novel, cutting edge methods in machine learning and high-throughput biology that address key bottlenecks in the drug development pipeline. To accomplish that, we are putting together a team of life scientists with expertise in biochemical and cellular assays. In this role, you will lead major aspects of our in vitro pharmacology efforts against a variety of targets in our core therapeutic areas of neuroscience and fibrosis. You will be expected to evaluate, implement and utilize multiple biochemical and cellular assays, aid in implementing assay automation, and perform rigorous data analysis to support our drug discovery teams.
There will be opportunities for career development, marked by an expanded role and increasing responsibility on project teams as the program(s) progresses from target identification through to drug discovery and clinical development.
Your primary duties will be to:
- prototype, optimize and qualify in vitro biochemical and cellular assays for target validation and hit discovery;
- partner with data scientists and machine learning experts to establish datasets that provide new insights into disease biology;
- work with automation and bioinformatics experts to implement robust and high throughput sample preparation, high content screening and data analysis workflows.
You will be joining as the founding team of a biotech startup that has long-term stability due to significant funding, but yet is very much in formation. A lot can change in this early and exciting phase, providing many opportunities for significant impact. You will work closely with a very talented team, learn a broad range of skills, and help shape insitro’s culture, strategic direction, and outcomes. Join us, and help make a difference to patients!
- B.S., M.S. or recent PhD in a technical field (Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Pharmacology, Neuroscience or a related field), or equivalent practical experience
- Industry experience with a strong scientific track record in assay development, optimization and troubleshooting
- Expertise in the design, validation, and execution of both biochemical and physiologically relevant cellular assays (experience in assay automation is advantageous)
- Experience in the implementation of assay strategies to validate targets and identify appropriate lead matter aimed at modulating specific disease states
- Experience building partnerships or collaborations with data scientists or computational biologists and engineers
- Ability to operate within a fast-moving, startup environment
- Other criteria will include: a strong record of publications in a relevant scientific discipline; excellent teamwork, communication, time management and organization skills
- Passion for making a difference in the world
Benefits at insitro
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy
- Team lunches (catered daily)
- Commuter benefits
- Paid parental leave
insitro is a drug discovery and development company using machine learning and data generation at scale to transform the way that drugs are discovered and delivered to patients. We rely on human genetic cohorts, human-derived cellular disease models, and high-throughput biology and chemistry to identify coherent patient segments, actionable therapeutic targets, and new or existing chemical matter. The goal is to deliver predictive insights to improve the probability of success and reduce the number of costly dead ends along the R&D journey. The company has established enabling collaborations with Gilead in NASH and Bristol Myers Squibb in ALS and is building a pipeline of wholly owned and partnered medicines leveraging its unique insights on patient biomarkers, targets, and molecules. insitro is located in South San Francisco, CA and has raised over $600M from top tech, biotech, and crossover investors since formation in 2018. For more information on insitro, please visit the company’s website at www.insitro.com.