Lab Operations Technician/Assistant
The heart of insitro’s strategy is the development of novel, cutting edge methods in machine learning and high-throughput biology to address key bottlenecks in the drug development pipeline. As a Laboratory Operations Technician, you will support the day-to-day laboratory functions, inventory management, and daily stocking of lab supplies and organization. You will manage autoclave, glass washing and waste management services. You will also work as part of a team to develop and manage tasks for continuous lab improvements.
You will be joining a biotech startup that has long-term stability due to significant funding, providing many opportunities for significant impact. You will work closely with a very talented team, learn a broad range of skills, and help shape insitro’s culture, strategic direction, and outcomes. Join us, and help make a difference to patients!
- A.S/B.S.biological science, or relevant disciplines, or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of relevant work experience in a laboratory setting
- Experience organizing lab areas and coordinating the delivery and management of laboratory supplies and inventory
- Experience with managing glass wash and autoclave services
- Familiarity with managing biohazard waste
- Familiarity with laboratory best practices
- Excellent communication, organizational and prioritization skills
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds
Nice to Have
- Experience with laboratory equipment
- Experience with stockroom management
Benefits at insitro
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy
- Team lunches (catered daily)
- Commuter benefits
- Paid parental leave
insitro is a drug discovery and development company using machine learning and data generation at scale to transform the way that drugs are discovered and delivered to patients. We rely on human genetic cohorts, human-derived cellular disease models, and high-throughput biology and chemistry to identify coherent patient segments, actionable therapeutic targets, and new or existing chemical matter. The goal is to deliver predictive insights to improve the probability of success and reduce the number of costly dead ends along the R&D journey. The company has established enabling collaborations with Gilead in NASH and Bristol Myers Squibb in ALS and is building a pipeline of wholly owned and partnered medicines leveraging its unique insights on patient biomarkers, targets, and molecules. insitro is located in South San Francisco, CA and has raised over $600M from top tech, biotech, and crossover investors since formation in 2018. For more information on insitro, please visit the company’s website at www.insitro.com.