At insitro, we are combining human biology and machine learning to discover new therapeutics.
The heart of our strategy is to produce large data sets that will drive machine learning and yield key biological insights. This strategy requires a seamless, robust, and effective operation that simultaneously spans multiple projects, some partnered and some in-house. Our success relies
on working across functions, including high-throughput biology automation, functional genomics, data science, machine learning, translational science, and drug discovery, to ensure that projects have what they need for successful execution.
We are seeking a Project Manager to lead these critical responsibilities and support teams advancing insitro’s in house and partnered therapeutic programs.
In this role, you will help lead and support projects leveraging our platform for therapeutic discovery and efforts to build and advance our therapeutic pipeline.
Specifically, you will:
- Help build and implement the project management systems and processes needed at the intersection of several state-of-the-art technologies for a company that is working towards a pipeline of multiple early stage therapeutics programs.
- Contribute to a portfolio that is aligned across stakeholders, properly scoped, and with well-articulated timelines and resource requirements.
- Work with scientists and technologists to ensure that cross functional project teams develop, prioritize, and execute on goals.
- Facilitate issue identification and resolution, as well as contingency planning and decision-making.
- Help to achieve project objectives by effectively coordinating activities and managing project information.
- Be accountable for the development of high functioning teams, including helping teams and leaders to communicate effectively across disciplines and mentoring where appropriate.
You will be joining an exciting biotech startup that has long-term stability due to significant funding, but is very much in early formation. A lot can change in this early and exciting phase, providing many opportunities for significant impact across several functions and disciplines. You will work closely with a very talented team, learn a broad range of skills, and help shape insitro’s culture, strategic direction, and outcomes. Join us in leading the way to better medicines through predictive models by integrating machine learning and biology at scale.
- Advanced degree - preferably a PhD in computational or natural sciences - or equivalent experience / education. The successful candidate will have demonstrated a superb ability to quickly scale learning curves across scientific and technology disciplines.
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience in technology or life sciences
- Project management experience on multiple therapeutic projects from early research into discovery or development
- 3+ years experience in managing complex projects that involve facilitating cross functional communication and collaboration
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds and expertise
- A bias to action, a detail-oriented mindset, and the ability to operate effectively under ambiguous, rapidly changing circumstances
- Passion for making a difference in the world
Nice to Haves
- Experience working at an early stage startup
- Experience in IND preparation and submission
- Exposure to computational methods that are relevant to drug design and development
- Experience in high-end engineering technologies in the biomedical space
- Experience scoping projects and gathering technical requirements
Benefits at insitro
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy
- Access to onsite baristas and cafe with breakfast, lunch, and dinner catered daily
- Access to onsite fitness center
- Commuter benefits
- Paid parental leave
- This role may be based remotely, if preferred
insitro is a drug discovery and development company using machine learning and data generation at scale to transform the way that drugs are discovered and delivered to patients. We rely on human genetic cohorts, human-derived cellular disease models, and high-throughput biology and chemistry to identify coherent patient segments, actionable therapeutic targets, and new or existing chemical matter. The goal is to deliver predictive insights to improve the probability of success and reduce the number of costly dead ends along the R&D journey. The company has established enabling collaborations with Gilead in NASH and Bristol Myers Squibb in ALS and is building a pipeline of wholly owned and partnered medicines leveraging its unique insights on patient biomarkers, targets, and molecules. insitro is located in South San Francisco, CA and has raised over $600M from top tech, biotech, and crossover investors since formation in 2018. For more information on insitro, please visit the company’s website at www.insitro.com.