Senior Manager / Associate Director, Data Strategy
insitro is changing the way that drugs are discovered and developed for patients by applying a machine learning-driven approach that leverages insights derived from a combination of external human cohort data and high-quality molecular data generated in-house. To enable and execute on this vision, we require access to vast and / or deep datasets with high-content measurements related to human health. We need to be nimble, thoughtful, and creative in prioritizing, accessing, and / or creating these datasets, as well as in how to best leverage the data and our platform to maximally benefit patients.
In this role, you will partner with the corporate development and strategy team and scientific colleagues to help map and evaluate the evolving landscape of human data relevant to the application of machine learning for drug discovery, development, and delivery. You will contribute to insitro’s scientific and corporate strategy, partnering with internal stakeholders to landscape, prioritize, and pursue opportunities to acquire, license, and / or create human cohort data motivated by the opportunity to empower the insitro platform. You will help maximize the impact of insitro’s platform and insights by supporting the identification, structuring, and execution of diverse collaborations focused on insitro’s machine learning capabilities across human genetic and clinical data.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Supporting and driving landscaping and partnering efforts to gain access to new data that aligns with strategic scientific and business priorities
- Working closely with BD to execute innovative transactions centered on human data, machine learning, and their joint application to improve clinical outcomes
- Supporting corporate strategy and evolving approaches to leverage insitro’s capabilities and data for the benefit of patients
You will be joining an exciting biotech startup that has long-term stability due to significant funding, while maintaining a culture of innovation. You will work closely with a very talented team, learn a broad range of skills, and help shape insitro’s culture, strategic direction, and impact on patient outcomes. Join us, and help make a difference!
- PhD in bioengineering, computational biology, genetics / genomics, biomedical / clinical informatics, or equivalent experience in the biopharma industry
- 7+ years of experience focused on applying genetic / clinical data to drive biomedical research, drug development, and / or clinical practice, including experience in the context of biopharma R&D, health systems, payer providers, clinical research organizations, and / or management consulting, banking, venture capital, or corporate development / strategy focused on the healthcare industry
- Strong understanding of medical genetics and / or clinical informatics, including knowledge of existing human clinical datasets and applications of genetics / clinical informatics across drug discovery
- Experience in managing complex projects that involve multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds and job functions
- A bias to action and ability to operate effectively under ambiguous, rapidly changing circumstances
- Passion for building something different and desire to make a difference in the world
Nice to Have
- Exposure to the research and development stages of the pharmaceutical value chain, including target discovery, target validation, and clinical trials
- Exposure to computational methods that are relevant to biomedical informatics, clinical informatics, statistical genetics, and/or medical genetics
- Experience working under the resource and time constraints of an early stage startup
Benefits at insitro
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy
- Full complimentary onsite cafeteria (for breakfast, lunch, and dinner), and barista
- Commuter benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work schedule (on site and remote)
insitro is a drug discovery and development company using machine learning and data generation at scale to transform the way that drugs are discovered and delivered to patients. We rely on human genetic cohorts, human-derived cellular disease models, and high-throughput biology and chemistry to identify coherent patient segments, actionable therapeutic targets, and new or existing chemical matter. The goal is to deliver predictive insights to improve the probability of success and reduce the number of costly dead ends along the R&D journey. The company has established enabling collaborations with Gilead in NASH and Bristol Myers Squibb in ALS and is building a pipeline of wholly owned and partnered medicines leveraging its unique insights on patient biomarkers, targets, and molecules. insitro is located in South San Francisco, CA and has raised over $600M from top tech, biotech, and crossover investors since formation in 2018. For more information on insitro, please visit the company’s website at www.insitro.com.