Director Finance Business Services & Process Improvement
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Finance Business Services team is responsible for developing and managing processes and systems to execute certain accounting and transactional activities such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, travel administration and others with the goal of driving efficiency, quality and enhanced decision support. The Director, Finance Business Services and Process Improvement, reports to the Assistant Corporate Controller and is a key leader in delivering SAP and business process improvements in addition to managing accounting and transactional activities. Working collaboratively with the Company’s accounting, finance and operating team, this role will focus on defining both the overall strategy for finance processes and the global roadmap to achieve that strategy. This role will partner with stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into strategies and plans, build consensus, and then work with the business, accounting and finance teams to execute to agreed timelines. This role will be accountable for implementing, facilitating, and improving controls and risk management practices while ensuring service delivery with a strong focus on the internal and external customer. . Finally, proactively seek out opportunities to leverage digital technology and automation to lower the cost of compliance and transaction processing. This role will also play a key part in integration of potential future acquisitions into Emergent’s finance infrastructure and processes.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and processes
- Critically evaluate risk and controls documentation. Identify areas for optimization and standardization. Benchmark existing processes and measure improvements.
- Enable readiness for merger/acquisition activity as required.
- Facilitate systematic segregation of duty compliance and conflict mitigation activities.
- Continually evaluate tools and controls for digital transformation
- Leverage technology and process improvement activities to reduce compliance costs.
- Coordinate efforts with various third-party resources in the execution of responsibilities.
- Provide overall leadership to teams, facilitating quality and timeliness and ensuring the business has been improved/strengthened.
- Manage operational data and ensure data integrity and accuracy
- Ensure strong reconciliation and analytical review of controls exists within areas of responsibility and develop regular reconciliation status reporting including aged items
- Assist with the annual audit and quarterly reviews of the company
- Purposefully develop team member’s technical, intangible, and soft skills/abilities
- Manage and coach teams both directly and indirectly through personal development plans and to ensure they meet their personal and company performance goals
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Systematic problem-solving skills and mindset
- 10-15 years of experience
- Big 4 public accounting, Fortune 500 internal audit or accounting/finance
- Knowledge and experience with SOX requirements
- Proficient in leading/delivering large scale Finance and Accounting projects/programs
- Proficient in leading teams for delivery of Finance and Accounting services and operations
- Demonstrated history of process and controls improvement/optimization
- Experience at the Director level
- Experience presenting to senior leadership teams
- Experience managing in fast-paced, high change, complex environments
- Knowledge of SAP
- Bachelor’s Degree Required – Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, other appropriate business-related degree
- Certification/Licensure preferred - CPA, CIA, or CISA
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.