Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I: Job Summary
The primary responsibility of the position is to assist in the performance of operational, compliance and financial audit testing as a member of engagement teams performing Internal Audit Reviews including Sarbanes-Oxley assessments. Assist in engagement planning and the development and continual improvement of engagement processes and procedures.
II: Responsibilities (Include key responsibilities only. This should not be an all-encompassing list)
• Documents business processes and controls in process Flowcharts and Risk Control Matrices.
• Conducts interviews, reviews documents, composes summary memos, and prepares audit working papers.
• Evaluates the design adequacy and tests the operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting.
• Performs detailed tests of controls and account balances, evaluating and documenting results in audit work-papers.
• Documents the results of procedures performed in audit work papers in accordance with department and professional standards.
• Identifies control deficiencies and develops recommendations using independent judgement to strengthen internal controls and improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
• Performs follow-up procedures as necessary to clear audit review notes.
• Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards and completes all internal audit work in compliance with The IIA’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards).
• Develops and maintains productive team-oriented relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
• Performs other tasks as assigned by audit management.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
III: Education, Experience & Skills
Education and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university.
• 1-3 years of full-time experience in internal audit/public accounting or related accounting/finance experience.
• CPA or CIA certification and/or candidacy is preferred.
• Experience in Bio-Tech or Pharma is a plus.
• SAP experience is a plus.
Other desired skills or knowledge:
• Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley, PCAOB, SEC and US GAAP standards, rules, regulations and best practices
• Knowledge of business processes and best practices.
• Must be a highly motivated, detail-oriented self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
• Must possess good listening, writing and verbal communication skills.
• Must possess effective organizational, planning and analytical skills.
• Must be able to develop effective working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, drawing logical conclusions and developing meaningful recommendations for improvement.
• Must be fluent in English
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Visio).
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.