Sr Manager, Facilities
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I. JOB SUMMARY
Lead facility maintenance, process maintenance, metrology, and space/seating planning for the Rockville manufacturing operation. Oversee the activities of service contractors during their on-site activities. Heavy focus on coordination of corrective and preventive work planning, capital project management, department documentation, and department budget oversight.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Manage the day-to-day operations within the entire Facility Services group by providing direct oversight to the functional activities.
• Provide leadership and supervision for team members that includes:
o Exemplify strong and effective communication
o Constructive and goals-based feedback
o Employee tailored personnel development
o Motivation and empowerment of direct/indirect reports to ensure the safe and effective acquisition/use/maintenance of site systems
o Priority management
o Conflict resolution
• Coordinate all corrective and preventative maintenance, and calibration activities to ensure facility systems are maintained per standard operating procedures, established protocols and site metrics.
• Ensure scheduling, creation, and completion of preventative maintenance and calibration plans in SAP is performed.
• Lead assessment to induct new equipment/systems to the operation. For example, FMEAs, System Level Impact Assessments (SLIA), and Component Level Impact Assessments (CLIA)
• Oversee various service contractors at the Rockville campus including grounds related repairs and upkeep.
• Optimize preventative maintenance plans to continuously improve reliability. Develop Operational budgets for the department and support development of Capital Budget Plans.
• Responsible for budget adherence.
• Administrator of SAP activities to process work requests in accordance with “Good Documentation Practices” to assure compliance with GMP.
• Support site metrics related to safety, compliance, and delivery. For example, record closures on-time and equipment up-time.
• Maintain and update equipment files.
• Provide key technical input for deviations investigations and change controls. Authors change controls and deviations for your area of responsibility.
• Leads cross-functional teams in the planning and execution of annual campus Manufacturing Shutdown(s) and Collaborates with engineering to plan maintenance and calibration activities during facility shut-down periods.
• Support capital projects for the facilities and maintenance department from conceptualization through commissioning and validation.
• Identify, and pursue continued improvement activities.
• Work well with others, build and maintain positive employee relations. Demonstrate Emergent Core Values when conducting day-to-day activities.
• Ultimately responsible for all Quality Systems within the department (Deviations, CAPAs, Biennial and routine SOP revisions, Change Controls)
• Departmental contact during audits
* Requires vaccination against different viruses including vaccinia virus.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or related discipline
• Minimum 10 years of experience in a pharmaceutical/process industry setting
• Seven years of experience directly supervising others in a leadership role
• Detailed knowledge of facilities, systems, and infrastructure within an industrial setting
• Knowledge of CAD software and drawing management
• Strong oral, written, and listening communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office tools
• Demonstrated ability to:
- provide clear direction and motivate teams
- lead by example through strong work ethics and high standards
- be hands-on and available during off-hours
- work as a team leader or as a team member
- influence other individuals and departments
- adapt quickly to changing priorities
- continue to improve skills through professional development
• Working knowledge of the following maintenance functions and ability to work hands on when needed:
o Boiler Operations/Steam Distribution
o Electrical Systems
o SCADA and PCS Automation Systems
o Clean Utilities
o Pharmaceutical Process Equipment
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.