Lead Business Analyst, FTF
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
- JOB SUMMARY
As a member of the SAP Center of Excellence (CoE), the Lead Business Analyst Forecast-to-Finish (FTF) will lead the IT delivery in support of business initiatives within the following functional areas:
- Supply Chain Planning
- Manufacturing Capacity Planning
- Material Requirements Planning
- Master production scheduling
- Manufacturing execution
- Goods Movements along the above processes
- Sourcing and Procurement
This role can be based remotely.
- Act as the Technology delivery partner to advance strategic goals & objectives of all Emergent business units (BU) and enterprise functions ie. Supply Chain, Manufacturing Operations and Global Quality
- Contribute to the execution of the business roadmap, working with IT business partners to ensure IT initiatives are planned, initiated and executed to meet business needs & timelines.
- Lead the end-to-end solutioning of the IT business architecture utilizing SAP, Emergent and Life sciences industry best practices.
- Understand and manage client expectations to ensure strong client service and satisfaction by meeting the needs of clients in a complete and timely manner.
- Manage relationships with and procurement of Service Providers/Vendors to augment internal IT capabilities and manage the quality delivery and accounting on an ongoing basis.
- Contribute to and continually improve the practices, capabilities and professionalism as a member of Emergent’s IT Business Applications community.
- Project Management and Execution
- In the role of “IT Lead”, take on project leadership roles and lead other IT specialists, contract resources and other business project team members in the delivery of critical projects which require end to end process and technical expertise based on best practices, business process and SAP expertise.
- Partner with the business/process owner and the IT-Program Management Office (PMO) and define project charters, scope, objectives, timelines and budgets.
- Ensure project deadlines and schedules are met; prioritize multiple tasks effectively and understand the components of running a fiscally successful project.
- Business Analysis
- Lead business requirements workshops in a systematical way by using document/task analysis, surveys, process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, and workflows.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with business/process owners to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following deliverables as needed: User Requirements, Functional requirements, Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs etc.
- Review technical documents with functional leads or project teams to ensure business requirements are adequately reflected in technical planning documents.
- Quality Assurance and Testing
- Create technical design specifications, define test conditions, develop test plans, create unit and user acceptance test scenarios and associated documentation.
- Plan and manage testing activities according to IT methodology and QA change control processes.
- Identify and document system deficiencies during testing and create corrective measures.
- Define, develop, and implement quality assurance practices and procedures, end user test plans and other QA assessments.
- Change Management
- Engage with business leaders and PMO members to plan, build and execute appropriate organizational change management (OCM) activities to make sure IT solutions are communicated, and adopted by all impacted stakeholders.
- Identify training needs for users impacted by technology driven change and lead training design and delivery of appropriate learning methods and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university is required
- Knowledge of supply chain & manufacturing planning/execution processes and SAP use cases in the life sciences industry required.
- Proven project delivery leadership skills, including roles on steering committees, working closely with senior leaders at a VP/EVP level
- 12+ years of combined SAP-ERP/ECC functional experience in the core modules PP & MM as well as supply chain solutions like SAP-APO and SAP-IBP
- Hands-on & current SAP configuration experience
- Detailed knowledge and experience of integration points between core modules with other SAP modules, such as WM/EWM, QM, SD, FI, and ATTP (Advanced Track and Trace for Pharmaceutical Industry) highly desired
- Experience with S4/HANA as it relates to functions and processes in FTF highly desired
- Proficiency in using Computerized System Validation (CSV) and other Quality Assurance/Compliance regulations (GxP) typical for the Life Sciences industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers, users, and subject matter experts.
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- PMP certification a plus
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.