Sr Accountant, Equity Plan & SEC Filing
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I: Job Summary
This role will be responsible for the administration of the Company’s stock plan and associated SEC filings (i.e. form 4’s). Additionally, the role will assist in the preparation of other SEC reporting requirements (i.e. 10Q’s, 10K’s, proxy statement, etc.).
II: Responsibilites (Include key responsiblities only. This should not be an all encompassing list)
• Manages the Company stock plan and coordinates enrollment and distribution of stock through the E*Trade system.
• Oversight of the Company employee stock purchase plan; coordinating enrollment and the distribution of stock.
• Prepare monthly stock plan journal entries in accordance with ASC 718
• Responsible for performing quarterly control activities around the administration of the stock plan in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley.
• File form 4’s with the SEC for all stock transactions associated with the Company’s Board of Directors and Section 16 officers utilizing Workiva
• Answer employee questions and resolve issues regarding the stock plan.
• Acts as primary liaison with Human Resources and payroll groups with respect to administration of the stock plan and any participant communication.
• Prepares equity related footnote disclosures for Form 10Q/10K.
• Support other aspects of SEC reporting including completion of disclosure checklists, data gathering, discussing comments on various filing documents and review of XBRL tagging.
• Manage contributors to the SEC filing process and quarterly earnings releases
• Perform technical research as needed specifically related to ASC 718 and stock plan matters
• Manage and update equity award plan and employee stock purchase plan guides and training materials.
• Responsible for forecasting all equity related compensation expenses.
• Reconciles outstanding shares and provides information to tax and accounting departments.
• Works on special projects related to equity/treasury matters.
• Maintains the quarterly capitalization table and monitors insider transactions.
• Coordinates and manages SOX 404 documentation requests from Internal Audit for all equity related matters
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
III: Education, Experience & Skills
• Bachelor’s degree required;
• Equity Plan Administration certificate and previous equity plan administration strongly preferred
• Previous stock plan administration experience with E*Trade and Equity Edge Online
• Previous experience preparing or reviewing financial statements (10Qs/10Ks) strongly preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of accounting/equity plan administration experience
• Excellent analytical skills
• Possess excellent communication skills including oral, written and interpersonal
• Works efficiently, accurately and independently
• Must have ability to solve non-recurring problems independently
• Ability to adjust to changing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
• Previous experience utilizing Workiva
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.